New to ratsun

El chino

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if it's an l16 the weber 32/36 is said to work just fine. i got a weber 38 dges (i think) on mine and was told by king rat that it was too big. one guy with the 32/36 (can't remember who) said that he wanted to know how the 38 works because he thought that his was sluggish. i like mine personally but i've never driven it with the other

• Like 1

If you want maximum top RPM performance then a larger 38/38 is the ticket. It is made for a 6 cylinder or small V8. The down side is you have to drive it at lower speeds to get there and this isn't a matter of flooring it and go. The 38/38 opens as fast as you can step on it and too much too soon makes it balky at low speeds around town. Has the potential for the worst mileage. The 32/26 is easier to drive with a primary barrel that opens first and a progressive secondary that follows after the primary is about 3/4s open. Not as bad as the 38/38 but you can still tip the secondary in too soon. Can get close to the stock carb for mileage if you spend some time jetting it. The stock Hitachi has a vacuum operated secondary that opens only when the engine has reached the maximum effectiveness of the full open primary and needs more. This carb you can floor right away and it runs very well and seamlessly into the secondary. Gives the best mileage but is also the most complicated carb. All will work very well but know what you can live with and what to expect when driving them.

• Like 1

id post in classifieds or cl for the older style adapter im not very fond of the newer ones. they work you just need to put some locktite on the screws its not a big deal I just like the older ones better. check out redlineweber or some place like that

• Like 1

So today I finally go my lazy ass to work on the Datsun so I moved all the electrical from the engine bay and put them under the fenders and got the truck to start but only when I put gas on the carb it starts and was backfiring a lot anyone have an idea of what it can be

• Like 1