78 280z running poorly

sicripp83

hey everyone   

New to the forum, my name is josh and I just bought my first z.    the car was zebarred from the factory so the underbody, floors, spare tire area are sweet.     typical rust on fenders and dog legs.    But the problem im having is that while it will idle fine, and rev while in neutral,   but when go to drive it, it will spit and spudder (lack of better words)   I don't have a lot of time driving it, because im waiting for a wheel cylinder.  should be here Monday.  I should let you know that this car was in storage for 7 years before I got the car.     so far I have drained the old gas (it was bad) filled with fresh gas and sea foam. fuel filter has been changed twice. the plugs and wires were changed along with the cap and rotor, air filter  and oil were also changed.       I also removed the MAF and checked the flap door.   it opened and closed.   im at a loss.    any suggestions would be great   thanks guys

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Draining and refiliing the gas tank is not enough. First change out hte fuel filter and tuen the car, also put a Fram 3G filter between the taks and the pump, it's clear so you can see how much varnish is coming out of the tank. Then you may need to drop the tank and clean it out, either power wash it and let it dry or pay to have it done. Your problem is most likely fuel dilivery!