74 620 widebody

I have posted pics of my truck before but I figured I'd start a build thread so i can post pics as I go along. This truck was a non runner, and a total mess inside when I got it. Put a lot of time into getting it running and "safe" to drive. Still need to register it and get the steering issues addressed before I dare take it on a public road..

When I frst thought of gettin this truck this was the state of it

145_zps7fc608ba.jpg

146_zpsae7cf487.jpg

060_zpsdc2ae550.jpg

Got it towed to my house

255_zpsbddf0bc6.jpg

251_zpsb5ee947b.jpg

254_zpsf685fa72.jpg

Worked on getting the motor to turn freely and it needed a new fuel pump and carburetor.

141_zpsaa1c1382.jpg

207_zpsdc055503.jpg

20140514_200422_zps6d7bdde5.jpg

finally fired it up and gave it a bath

012_zps6d57bb07.jpg

011_zps9dbc6ca5.jpg

010_zpse2c290ed.jpg

Scored some wiper arms from the local Pick N Pull

028_zps357e1643.jpg

• Like 5
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a 74. I cant find a hood that isn't junk so im thinking a scoop may be in order. Just till I can find a decent hood for a good price.

I agree on the hood. Scoops only look good if factory. Every red neck puts these on their dodge or ford around here....

lnd-80002_w_ml.jpg soooo over done, and they look just like you just bought them and stuck them on. Not at all like you paid for a $2,500 (HEMI) engine performance package with trade mark hood.  It makes you look like every other dim wit.

254_zpsf685fa72.jpg

This brown dash pad color was only available on the '79.

Well a '74 could be in a '78 show.  A '74 sticker on a '78 would be really interesting. Lots of stuff will swap between years on the 620. Mix 'n match

Can't see why anyone would put a dash in that shape into a '74.

The rad support is correct for a '74. It's not a '75 or newer for sure.

The 'arm rest console box' between the seats is from the mid year '76 and up king cab.

Valve cover could be for a '74 but the carb isn't. Look on top of block behind the dip stick for the engine ID. you might have a newer L20B engine.

You are missing the right hand (as viewed from the front) top front 10mm bolt through the head into the timing cover.

Wow! Attention to detail much ;) Like I said, this truck is a jumble of random things that may or may not have been Cool back in the day. Wishing it was more original but for $140 I cant complain. Except for the back fees. Those blow. It has disk in the front and the exhaust manifold is set up for smog equipment (been removed of course). For all I know it could be a 79 with a 74 vin plate on it.

Speedo wasnt working so i figured it was probably a stripped pinion gear, pulled it apart and I was wrong.

577_zpsb01513eb.jpg

There was also a nice puddle under the truck saturday morning, the culprit... slave cylinder.578_zps058c9440.jpg

Fixed the slave cylinder and figured i would clean up a bit.

573_zps71a8d9ee.jpg

Did a little woring work so all of my brake lights and headlights work. Also made the Panels for my doors, just need to wrap em and score some handle inserts and arm rests.

574_zpscf32a703.jpg

575_zpsbb675020.jpg

• Like 1