1979 Toyota Corona Liftback

I picked up today a real nice lift-back Toyota from the original owner. Little old lady who had it garaged and well taken care of in San Francisco. It's got 89,000 original miles on the R20 engine and a pretty decent interior. Seats need re-doing, quite an easy task. Paint is dam near amazingly clean (pearl white color maybe?). No dents or scratches or anything on the body. Car was originally bought at Santa Clara Toyota with 22 miles and resided in San Francisco for 35 years. No rust! Hell ya. Named her, YU same as the blue California plates. Date's wrong on images. LOL. Enjoy some oics:

What an amazing find! Rusty won't be lonely anymore since now it has a new friend called Yu.

• Like 2
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet. It's got really nice carpet. Reminds me if my car when I first got it.

Your buddy's 510 is pretty clean too :) even though I'm not really a fan of the square-eyes, but still haha

• 3 weeks later...

Been working on prepping YUD and Rusty for Mendocino Show. So far I buffed out almost all chrome, re-spayed bumpers, did some body work on doors. Just an overall clean up to make them shiny and pop out. Still got to wax, and so some interior vacuuming. Half way done. Dam, still haven't changed the date on camera, doing that now.

I'll keep posted on this thread any work that is done to either Hatchback or Liftback.