1978 620 vg30et

bigboy620

The heat shield was a good idea. For further insulating, I use a stick on foil covered woven fabric that reflects and further insulates. There are only a couple on the market that are for use outside the interior, where they will be exposed to the elements. I can dig up the info if you like.

Thank you. Sure can't have enough suggestions. Thermo tec has great reviews

• Like 3
  • Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I found that it is not the covering of every inch with sound deadening material that counts, it is a percentage that has to be reached, I could not cover the inside of the doors very well in my 521, but only covering 50 percent of the outer skin on the inside of the door was all I needed, it sounds fully covered but only about half is actually covered.

I read something somewhere afterwards that confirmed what I learned, it appears I only needed to put large pieces of sound deadening material in the center of sections to keep the drum effect away although it likely doesn't hurt to cover everything.

• Like 3

I found that it is not the covering of every inch with sound deadening material that counts, it is a percentage that has to be reached, I could not cover the inside of the doors very well in my 521, but only covering 50 percent of the outer skin on the inside of the door was all I needed, it sounds fully covered but only about half is actually covered.

I read something somewhere afterwards that confirmed what I learned, it appears I only needed to put large pieces of sound deadening material in the center of sections to keep the drum effect away although it likely doesn't hurt to cover everything.

I suppose another bonus to that apart from being cheaper would be you could have less chance for rust in the joins and sills? Somewhere for moisture to escape.

• Like 1

I'm just doing the floors and some of the doors. It instantly got rid of the echo. We'll see once the trucks running.
  • Like 1

I thought it was where you hand would rest without having to stretch at all, or if anything a little too far back, but having it 6 inches higher, well that would be to much movement so close to me, having to lift my arm and get my elbow in back of me to shift into 2nd, 4th, and rev, I don't think I would like that.

Short shift levers are nice once you get used to them, but that one is short stock so it should be easy to find gears.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...