1978 620 vg30et

bigboy620

What's my excuse not to get this finished! wubnea59.jpg

Can you fire it off? Nothing motivates a person more than hearing it run for the first time.

I am in the same boat with a customer LS swap project. It has been 99% done for the past month and I can't seem to wrap it up. I should follow my own advice...

• Like 1
  • Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can you fire it off? Nothing motivates a person more than hearing it run for the first time.

I am in the same boat with a customer LS swap project. It has been 99% done for the past month and I can't seem to wrap it up. I should follow my own advice...

Not yet I need a boost reference regulator and fuel pump and to finish wiring everything. Getting close but can't wait for that day!
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/21/2018 at 10:26 AM, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

I just noticed you're in San Jose.

Maybe you've mentioned it, but how are you going to get by emissions?

I don't have to worry until next year.  I'm pretty sure there is a way.

Edited by bigboy620
  • Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2018 at 11:09 PM, Str8jacket said:

Is it done or are you just doing happy laps to try it out? Hows it handle with the extra weight up front? Does the turbo run nice with the carby? So many questions! 

Just doing happy laps aha. Honestly don’t feel much of a difference in weight. Truck still feels like a go cart. Turbo runs nice. Still have to adjust to the right size jetting because for some reason it’s not hitting boost. But god is it rev happy aha

Edited by bigboy620
  • Like 3

So I was still confused as to why it wasn’t hitting boost. My brother asked if there was a spring in the external wastegate he gave me. I didn’t check. He could have swore there was one for 7-8 lbs. there was none. So I installed a 5lbs he had laying around. And sure enough that day I was smiling even more. Wahhhhhhh psssshhh ahah. Now to mess with jetting to get the right afr. 

• Like 2

Its very light so anything really would be good... Rear axle from an Toyota 6 lug truck (usually 4x4), Pre-2002 Ford Explorer used posi 8.8" rears (5lug tho), then you have S10 rears, and the good ol 9" from an F150 truck too.

I mentioned these as they have aftermarket parts still, easy Pick n Pull finds, and numerous gearing choices.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1