bigboy620

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cool.

If you upload the image before you rotate it, it will not show correctly. Also, if you rotate an image in the hosting site editor, you need to replace the original image, and sometimes even refresh the page before it takes. At least that's what I have found with Photobucket.

• Like 1

This guy did it in the link below and he knows every part from every vehicle you need to fit it in there without issues.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/15744-620-vg-conversion/page__hl__%20yello620%20%20vg30

Unfortunately the photos are gone because of Photolame, I suspect though that he mentions what he got the needed parts from. he tried at least 3 different starters and I don't have a clue on how many alternators he tried before he found what he needed, if your stuck PM him, he may answer.

• Like 2

This guy did it in the link below and he knows every part from every vehicle you need to fit it in there without issues.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/15744-620-vg-conversion/page__hl__%20yello620%20%20vg30

Unfortunately the photos are gone because of Photolame, I suspect though that he mentions what he got the needed parts from. he tried at least 3 different starters and I don't have a clue on how many alternators he tried before he found what he needed, if your stuck PM him, he may answer.

I read through various threads. All have great insight and different solutionstyles. JuSt wish I could see pictures aha. Thanks

• Like 1

Gday, first post but a bit of info.

The alt bracket on a pathfinder can be cut up and swapped to the otherside the holes line up and the pulleys are in line. Need to hack a heap off it and just keep 3 holes. Fab bracket to suit. Or find an Aussie who can send you one of an r50 as it will fit straight up. Will need to sort adjuster for the belt.

An r50 pathfinder starter motor fits without touching the torsion bars. Adjust engine hieght to clear the frame where engine mounts sit.

Flip the centre steer link and reem the tapers out to suit a larger tie rod from the under side. I used some off a toyota power steer rack. Be careful on selecting those as some are a 15mm thread which i had to thread on a lathe for the rod link bar. You may have more options over there.

The vg33e out of an r50 pathy fits nicely. You can bolt the 5 speed gearbox off d22 navara straight up to get rid of the auto, use the tailshaft as well and get it shortened to suit a bit of fab work and it lines up pretty good.. Indecently the front spindles off the d22 drop straight in and you get upgraded brake disc size and twin piston calipers. I did need to use the steer link off a 720 spindle to get the tie rod tapers to match though. That requires a 5mmish spacer machined up to get the link to fit the spindle. Basically a big washer. but other than that it fits easy.

If you use the 5 speed mentioned you can fit a decent set of headers in if you are patient and a bit sadistic!

I am assuming the vg30 would be pretty much the same as they appear to be a bit like lego these nissans.

Cheers have fun.

• Like 2

fs5r30a is the 5 speed Im using. Thought it was the same as the z32? Maybe its the z31.

Can i ask where you got the 4 barrel manifold from? I tried making one using the bottom section but the plenum ended up to large. Wasnt happy with it so i hacked it back up to adapt some different carbs onto.

• Like 3