8/24 whidbey island fun run

i was planning to stop at ft. casey as well but if you know any other cool spots that would be good too.

Lot's of cool stuff on Whidbey, most aren't too far off of HWY 20. There's Merlin, the old growth tree near Greenbank, Ft Casey is cool, Ft Ebey is awesome and there are random bunkers along the west side if you know where to look. Deception Pass is beautiful but you need a pass to park there now. Lot's of good beach stops along the way. A ton of great twisty roads, keystone ave where Honda filmed a commercial, Madrona way, west beach road, strawberry point loop and a bunch more The dike road to Jones road to troxell loop is probably my favorite on the North end.

Learned to drive on the Island, lot's of spirited cornering off the main drag.  You can plan a route that crisscrosses 20 if your not in a hurry that will get the G's up along with the fun factor.    :)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to, unfortunately I am knee deep in an axle and transmission swap and I also have to weld up KA mounts this weekend so people requesting them can finish their swaps :)

Boooo!!!!

I won't be making this either.....

• Like 1

that ferry line is a bitch on the weekends

I'd be shocked if the terminal was busy at 11:00 AM on a Sunday. Day trippers tend to get there early so they can be home by dinner, and islanders haven't returned from their Costco runs. The new ferry helps, too, as it fits 30 extra cars. It runs every half hour, too, so if you miss one there's another right behind it.

• Like 1

Ok,,   what if i was to drive a yellow car backwards onto the Mukulteo -Edmonds ,, on a Tuesday afternoon run in September,, whilst wearing a purple unitard??  How long would it take me to make $127.89 ?

NEW RULE: Those who shall not be joining the drive shall heretofore refrain from being smart asses. All in favor?

• Like 1