79 KC 620 for my dad

Your comments in the other thread are exactly what we saw after you got off phone,,,, you looked like you were going to throw up and/or pass out..  Anyways..........  Good to see you're making this shit fun again   :)

Hey Flatcat ,, check this ,,, Scalpum (Nelson) is going to pull all that red truck apart and put it all on a different 521 cuz he doesn't think that red one is nice enough...... i shit you not .

• Like 2
  • Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your comments in the other thread are exactly what we saw after you got off phone,,,, you looked like you were going to throw up and/or pass out..  Anyways......... .

All I had at that point was one pic and some frantic txt msgs from Jessi :/

Never been so helpless in my life man

• Like 2

Your comments in the other thread are exactly what we saw after you got off phone,,,, you looked like you were going to throw up and/or pass out..  Anyways..........  Good to see you're making this shit fun again   :)

Hey Flatcat ,, check this ,,, Scalpum (Nelson) is going to pull all that red truck apart and put it all on a different 521 cuz he doesn't think that red one is nice enough...... i shit you not .

Tell him I want a hood.

Don't recall if I have ever met Nelson.

• Like 1

Hey bro, great to see you back at it! From the looks of it, you may have already installed that trans, but if not, one more little piece that's nice to replace is the input shaft seal on the trans itself. It's kinda like the extra security of installing the rear main seal on the engine while you have access to it, as if it starts leaking, the tranny has to come back out. You may have done it already, but it's just food for thought.

• Like 2

Almost forgot you dropped off a transmission for me! I didn't end up running that one because another buddy handed me one that had been pulled from a running daily driver for a manual swap ;)

If you need or want the tranny you gave me back just let me know, I did use the dust shield plate that you brought me though!

• Like 1

Between boobies and beer I had no motivation or place actually wrenching.......

So I played with paint instead

Ugly...

C2E5CBC4-86D0-49AB-A63F-0F32CE2A053D_zps

Better

2126AC2D-0D01-40FA-B1BA-289FBF263F95_zps

Even better still! Took a wire brush to the fluid reservoir caps ;)

BD9845A1-B905-4402-A5AD-01192E0DAED9_zps

Cleaned up the rad with a wire bush and brake clean

BC613828-2157-4D6D-8523-B9160B8C0AB8_zps

And much better

2B13E8CE-1EAA-4990-962E-3954997DC3C6_zps

Another coat tomorrow cus I ran outta paint ......

• Like 3

It's just a can of paint that was lying around.... Nothing special

In my eyes It was a $0 out of pocket fix/upgrade to me and the only safe one to do with my intoxication levels last night......

But now Ive got the painting bug :/

Sooooo...

Off with its hood!

3E5F4AD1-5E98-4633-ABE5-8F2BFED24743_zps

Cus this shits been driving me nuts since we bought it

204EE741-6531-4129-9913-4AB951BAE7D9_zps

And the underside of the hood is the only part of the exterior that hasn't received a new coat of paint since it left the factory and it needs it..... Bad

• Like 2

So today started with a buddy's 08 Tacoma, just simple regular routine maintenance stuff. (Belt/tensioner/and idler pulleys, air filter, cabin filter, brake pad check, and rewired the 3rd brake light on his canopy cus a board cop pulled him over for it at some point for it being out)

The belt had started squealing bad yesterday....... which was what prompted all this to happen today. He's not mechanical at all, but he is a computer wiz and head of the IT dept at his work ;)

I'm sure you see where this is going ;)

A trade of services was hashed out and he picked up beer so off I went!

0C0FAFCF-1A52-4080-A306-43B411467867_zps

Took a few hours but he got here early and I figured I'd have plenty of time later on in the day to do a few things I had planed......

• Like 2

I managed to make it 1/2 way thru dinner and I got a txt from a diff buddy...

He "broke" a tierod "or something" and had work in the AM :/

Great..... well I was off and running again, headed to his place an hr away.

Arrived 2 hrs later cus my dumbass forgot about rush hour traffic -.-

So we pushed his maxima out of the muddy grass pit it was in and into the driveway.

47FFCD57-AEEA-4F92-B087-14093DB66927_zps

B5242ECA-B203-4B65-BCAD-A5846DB72E71_zps

Popped it onto some stands and from there it was pretty obvious what the problem was once the tire came off :/

Yup... Tie rods fucked :/

F0DCD581-315D-4EED-BA37-FA8C099E2487_zps

I had never seen a "ball stud" as I'm calling it, actually pull out of the tie rod housing it was pressed into... Sheared in two or the threads stripped sure, but this was a new one

D4129FFA-09D0-4F12-8D6F-BFC2CCEBC1EE_zps

Luckily we found a replacement part in stock( this is after 8pm too)

Sooo, here we go!

7A634567-7AE8-49CF-AF00-80808C8BE172_zps

Was past 1am at this point....

A11E0C1B-6CE5-497C-9B6A-B3D030AD6411_zps

But I gave it a "tape measure allingment" and called it a night.

• Like 3

And when it rains it pours right??

Seems like it anyway, cus I have another friends 87 Volvo 240dl showing up via AAA tow truck in 3 or 4 hours :/

Apparently she let it sit for about 6months while she was out of the country.....

AAA jumped it, though all was kosher but it diddnt even make it a block ;)

New battery cus AAA said so, supposedly AAA also said the alt was charging ok, so....... Try #2! Still diddnt make it a block and that's where she gave up and called me

Here's to hoping I can catch a power nap b4 it shows up!

Doubtful but hey, a guy can dream!

• Like 2

I've seen a ball stud like that, it was out of a ball joint on my Tacoma. Ripped it apart in a pot hole right outside my work and snapped the top of the knuckle off going about 5mph, brake line was the only thing keeping the whole driver side front on, good times.

• Like 2