Just delivered, 1978 620

620z

To quote 'Cube, "Today was a good day". My new 1978 620 that I purchased from fellow Ratsun member qwik510 arrived via the transport company. It was a little spooky buying a truck out of state and having it shipped, never seeing it in person but man am I stoked!! David was really cool and this was a very easy purchase. The truck is everything I hoped for. My plans are to completely restore the truck but no modifications with the exception of dropping it 3in all the way around and just drive it. The truck is so cherry, I just couldn't in good conscience chop it up. Unfortunately now I have to say goodbye to my orange 76 620 but there is just no room in the garage but the trade off is worth it.

78Datsun.jpg

78Datsun2.jpg

78Datsun3.jpg

78Datsun4.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Stock air filter has the ability to use heated air from the exhaust manifold on cold start up. This moderately warm air allow the gas to evaporate easier and run smoother during the warm up. Later cool air from in front of the rad is mixed with it to maintain the air temp around 100F. If too warm, the warm air is shut off. Maintaining a tightly controlled air temp makes the truck easier to tune and runs better over a wider range of outside seasonal temperatures and weather. There is also an air bleed that opens if the air temp rises above a pre set value/ This air bleed cancels out an over rich condition from thinner hot air. All fully automatic.