New 720, already fucked it up

Justin Berni

Just leave it in there Justin, when you come home after driving the truck, you don't want to smell like the engine to everyone.

I would put the vent back on the airfilter also, I don't care what anyone says, they don't keep the oil fumes/vapor in, your engine will get this film on it, and it will attract dirt, in less than a month it will be filthy in there. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Guys I need help. My left turn signal isn't working. The Right side works just fine, but when I try to use the left blinker the indicator on the gauge cluster lights up, but stays lit instead of flashing you know? And the blinker won't work. I know the turn signal flasher can cause this, but wouldn't that make BOTH of them not work? Or am I wrong?

What else could it be? It's not a bulb..

If the switch was dirty the light on the dash wouldn't light up.

How do you know it's not a bulb? It's a bulb. The flasher is load dependent. Bulb is loose or burnt out there isn't enough current flow to make the flasher work.

That's a tough one, I use a sand blaster to actually clean the socket if it is bad, otherwise I use a flat edge screwdriver and scrape the contacts when the power is off, I suppose a dremel would also work with the right tips, one to clean the inside housing(ground), the other to clean the contacts.

If they are really bad, you could buy a used one at the wrecking yard and switch it out, if that don't fix it, then I would look at the wires again, as the rear light comes on, so the turn signal switch is good.

How should I clean it?

I just remembered I actually switched the whole left and right blinkers to the other sides, and the one originally on the right that worked stopped working when it was on the left, so the socket must have been fine too Cuz I switched everything over. That must mean there's a bad wire somewhere im assuming

If you switched it to the other side and then that side quit working, the housing/socket/wiring has an issue, inspect it and if you cannot get it to work, go by another one at the pick and pull.

I just remembered I actually switched the whole left and right blinkers to the other sides, and the one originally on the right that worked stopped working when it was on the left, so the socket must have been fine too Cuz I switched everything over. That must mean there's a bad wire somewhere im assuming

Have you cycled the 4 way switch on top of the column yet?

I cannot remember if you said the 4 ways worked correctly, do all 4 lights blink?

Sorry Wayno I might have confused the both of us, I swithed the sides, but it didn't change anything, the right still worked and left still didn't work.

If they work on all 4 corners, then you are back to something else being wrong, maybe the combination switch needs cleaned, I don't know.

I have an issue in the winter myself, my left turn indicator light comes on, and when I hit the brakes it gets very bright, at the same time my left turn signal starts to blink very slowly, water getting in the area of my turn signal housing is the issue, but keep in mind that I am talking about my 521KC with a 720 wiring harness in it, I am not using any 720 lights, but I brought this up because water can screw stuff up.

My hazards work.

The front and rear lamps are wired together. If you turn the turn signals or the 4 way on then both have to flash.

If all bulbs work with the hazards then the wiring/bulbs is intact at least.

If you turn on the turn signal on and the rear comes on but the front does not flash then the switch is working.

What you describe can't be happening, something has been left out.