My 1979 210 'Turd'

damagedduck

I've been kinda hiding in the shadows (reading thread after thread) :bye:

A little background on myself ~ I've owned quit a few B210's a 69 1500 wagon, some where around 6 521 series trucks? lost count... :confused:  But haven't had a Datsun in my life for over 25yrs. Last month I was at a guy (Mike) who scrappes cars & spotted this little brown wagon just sitting there all lonely, and thought Damn I need to save it! but my garage id crammed full of stuff.......just walk away!! all that night all I could think about was the car that MIke called the little P.O.S :poop:

So on my lunch break the next day I went over to see what was going on & I piped up & asked about it,&he said $400 is what it would bring across the scale at the yard.......Damn !! I aint got no money! but I had to go & start it , It started right up! I  and drive it down the road :thumbup:

I jumped over the mud puddles since we got 4.5 inches of rain over night, Mike asked 'How ya like it?" I smiled & said I was having flash backs of my old Datsuns...

He pipes up & asks 'whatcha got to trade?" Me:............ah ah that 302 & tranny plus that old F100 cab? Mike-' Ok wanna trade?'........Me::.Ok sure???

When I got home my wife was less than happy a bout my little brown turd :mad: :mad:  I have saved a few cars from him over the last couple years ( A 1970 VW bus for my son) a 1976 Ford Pinto (1 owner) a 55 Ford truck & a couple others.

So here is my 'Turd' as we call it.

DayOne1Flood_zpsfb39d84a.jpgdayone4_zpsa1902b9c.jpg

DayOne6_zps999e17fb.jpg

dayOne_zps751a6816.jpg

Daytwo2_zps18dd3fd9.jpg

Daytwo5_zpsfb2ef707.jpg

I had to wait 2 day to start cleaning it up..........TWO LONG DAYS!

Day38_zps87a3d213.jpg

Day31_zpsc8313e0f.jpg

Day310_zpsd04dbed2.jpg

Day37_zpsf89321ad.jpg

After 2 days of cleaning I now have a Root beer colored car instead of of chocolate colored car (MUCH BETTER)

Day34_zps6edd3d23.jpg

Day32_zps3ec14a0d.jpg

Here's the link for more photos..Thanks ~Chuck

http://s946.photobucket.com/user/damagedduck/slideshow/1979%20Datsun%20210

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in Sisseton...im actually from the Caribbean. Being living in SD about 6 years. Lived in NYC before that. I got a buddy living out in rapid city though but never been out there

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...