1970 521 Orange with KA24 swap my new truck!

ghostrider209

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice! I'm also from Stockton. Mytoy521 is another guy from Ratsun, I know three other guys but they don't have a Ratsun. 

Gojira do you attend the Manteca meets?  I'm going to be out of town this Saturday but next Manteca meet they have I want to go, I'd also like to organize a Stockton get together some time!

Gojira do you attend the Manteca meets?  I'm going to be out of town this Saturday but next Manteca meet they have I want to go, I'd also like to organize a Stockton get together some time!

Yes, I take photos at the meet, too. But I have missed it about 2-3 times. 

Coilover doesn't imply strut.  Replacing the torsion bar with a coil spring positioned around a shock = coilover.

I could not say any better myself Matt.

Got it. A McPherson strut is a structural member that has an internal shock absorber, almost always with, a fixed coil over, which can be replaced with an adjustable one. A shock absorber can be fitted with a fixed or adjustable coil over making it a coil over shock. A 'coil over' does not mean a strut or a shock but can be used on either one. How am I doing?

Ok so I might be able to remedy the bounciness by buying new shocks because the ones I have are taller then stock? Anybody know where to buy stock or shorter shocks that will bolt up to a 521?

It's easier than that surely. Weld the top mounting point for the shock up higher on the frame and you can run any length shock you like.

Do NOT run without shocks, and don't ride on the stops if it can be avoided. You might look at trimming the rubber bump stop to get some extra movement. If there is no suspension compression movement you are riding on the bouncing rubber ball tires. Hit a bump and the tire rebounds and the wheel can more easily leave the pavement. Shocks can only dampen when the tire drops down the other side.

It's easier than that surely. Weld the top mounting point for the shock up higher on the frame and you can run any length shock you like.Do NOT run without shocks, and don't ride on the stops if it can be avoided. You might look at trimming the rubber bump stop to get some extra movement. If there is no suspension compression movement you are riding on the bouncing rubber ball tires. Hit a bump and the tire rebounds and the wheel can more easily leave the pavement. Shocks can only dampen when the tire drops down the other side.

Mike I really don't give a shit, I have coil overs from QA1 and not torsion bars and that's it.

Nice looking truck man, love the rims you put on there.

Love the grom as well.

I'm a honda man myself. I have a 2007 cbr 600rr.

Thanks everyone! jnfritz, I looked at your sig and just so you know I have owned 3 Honda S2000's, 2 honda CBR's and this is my first Datsun 521.  I find that many things in the automotive world carry over into other models, like people who appreciate these little cars and trucks (datsuns) also like modern and classic japanese motorcycles (I have also owned a number of vintage Honda motorcycles).  Anyway you have excellent taste!

Uberkevin, I went through your entire build thread, nice!  Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

Thanks everyone! jnfritz, I looked at your sig and just so you know I have owned 3 Honda S2000's, 2 honda CBR's and this is my first Datsun 521. I find that many things in the automotive world carry over into other models, like people who appreciate these little cars and trucks (datsuns) also like modern and classic japanese motorcycles (I have also owned a number of vintage Honda motorcycles). Anyway you have excellent taste!

Uberkevin, I went through your entire build thread, nice! Keep up the good work!

My Nwdatsun thread may have more in it.

http://nwdatsuns.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=77&start=920

Whered you get the wheels?

• 2 weeks later...