• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike-what is a five day wait going to accomplish?

Joe NotCool-I wouldn't even think of telling you how to protect your family. But for some reason you think you can tell me (and others) how to protect ours. That by definition is a liberal.

And just a point of info:I have to deal with Bobcats,Mountain Lions,packs of Coyotes(anywhere from 5 to 30) and the occasional Gila Monster on my ranch.Now,exactly who the fuck are you to tell me how to protect my ranch,animals & property?

• Like 1

. Hell, how would I look if I carried a machete on my belt. "It's for protection!" Or a Samurai sword? :P Would I even be allowed to walk around with them in public?

Actually I open carry a machete in public. It's in a leather sheath. Not every day but couple times a week, often enough on the job. I would never carry it around when not working and have an excuse to, that would be pretty stupid, like a guy carrying a shotgun around just because he could. Makes people nervous.

• Like 2

Mike-what is a five day wait going to accomplish?

Fucked if I know. Maybe spur of the moment hatred road rage shit. If I were really serious about killing someone, five (or ten) days is worth the wait. Like a delayed orgasm.

• Like 2

I was asked by a fellow co-worker if I would sponsor him in acquiring an FAC so he could legally buy a rifle? Start to finish probably takes several weeks to several months. The police investigate for criminal background and someone contacts me (I have previously signed the application) They asked if Ted (not his real name) ever displayed strange or uneven behavior, how long I had known him, did I think he was sensible and competent to own a fire arm? I assume that if later it could be proven that I had misled them or outright lied I would be in deep deep shit like perjury. 'Ted' is the most sensible guy I know and hunts meat for the year every fall. Talks about hunting but not on and on about guns and ammo, shit like that. He's not a gun nut.

Yeah as long as this doesn't 'go off the rails' it can go on.

• Like 3

They should have that same setup for cars. It's ok to own one if you just wanna use it for transportation, but not if you're really into them. Oh, and definitely not more than one per person. That'd just be stupid.

• Like 3

Fucked if I know. Maybe spur of the moment hatred road rage shit. If I were really serious about killing someone, five (or ten) days is worth the wait. Like a delayed orgasm.

I have 12 or more in my possession.SO the waiting period is moot. This is what a lot of people don't understand.
  • Like 1

I don't know any private citizen who is able to carry a hand gun up here. You can transport in a locked box in the trunk to and from the shooting range. Possibly a private security firm. I know Brinks guards look like they have guns. Average person would have no need or excuse to carry concealed and certainly not open. If I saw another Canadian trying to carry a gun in public I would run the other way then call the police. Being afraid isn't enough and it's not like there are others walking around with them that you would feel the need to arm yourself.

From my side, 'Muricans are a crazy bunch of cowboys. When there, I make a habit of moving my hands slowly, stay in the light and keep my yap shut.

• Like 2

I don't know any private citizen who is able to carry a hand gun up here. You can transport in a locked box in the trunk to and from the shooting range. Possibly a private security firm. I know Brinks guards look like they have guns. Average person would have no need or excuse to carry concealed and certainly not open. If I saw another Canadian trying to carry a gun in public I would run the other way then call the police. Being afraid isn't enough and it's not like there are others walking around with them that you would feel the need to arm yourself.

From my side, 'Muricans are a crazy bunch of cowboys. When there, I make a habit of moving my hands slowly, stay in the light and keep my yap shut.

No need to worry Mike, if you're with Ratsun folk, you're covered.

Personally, I very much dislike the term 'merican. I feel it implies we're not well spoken, well read and generally unintelligent. Especially if we happen to support our 2nd amendment rights and/or happen to be a conservative.

There have been quite a few legitimate reasons given as to why someone would carry or would not. People who do legally carry are not the people who are breaking the laws, and being 'afraid' of a law abiding citizen who just so happens to be legally carrying a firearm is implying that he is going to do something wrong or illegal. When in reality, it's the individuals who are not legally carrying fire arms, the majority of the time, don't even legally own, that you have to be afraid of.

I feel the rhetoric on either side can easily be taken too far, but when you arguments end up in, 'you're stupid', 'crazy', 'ignorant', etc. only act to entice anger in the other party and leads to an argument rather than a philosophical debate. I just feel it's the wrong tact to take and causes you to lose the higher ground. This goes for both parties.

I might be getting mildly off topic so I'll quit there.

I don't know any private citizen who is able to carry a hand gun up here. ou can transport in a locked box to and from the shooting range. Possibly a private security firm. I know Brinks guards look like they have guns. Average person would have no need or excuse to carry concealed and certainly not open. If I saw another Canadian trying to carry a gun in public I would run the other way then call the police. Being afraid isn't enough and it's not like there are others walking around with them that you would feel the need to arm yourself.

• Like 5

Why Mike(scared)?

:rofl:

Try Aurora ave(seattle) late at night in a 510 :thumbup:

Its a blast, a bit scetchy..but fun

No need to worry Mike, if you're with Ratsun folk, you're covered.

That's what I'm afraid of!!!!!!

When I said Americans are a crazy bunch of cowboys I was kidding, they aren't all cowboys.... no wait,...

If I was in the states and saw a holstered open carry gun on someone I would be shocked, lets be honest. That's something, for me, out of the norm. But I wouldn't worry near as much as if I saw the same thing at home. Different strokes.

• Like 1

That's what I'm afraid of!!!!!!

When I said Americans are a crazy bunch of cowboys I was kidding, they aren't all cowboys.... no wait,...

Your covered meaning if shit goes down you're on the right side, you Canadians sure are jumpy when it comes to guns.