• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy crap!  who'da thunk it.  The parents on the cover are blond haired blue eyed...

The reason I think this is obnoxious is not because I hate guns (I dont), but this book is propaganda.  As in, the intention of the book is to convert the opinion of the kids reading it / being read it.  The difference between this and a book telling kids to not take candy from strangers who look like Smoke is one helps kids, the other helps parents.  

I'm not making a strong argument I know.  This just feels selfish.  

• Like 3

My parents are paranoid pussies?

I am not anti gun, but my guns stay at home where they belong. Like I have said before, a gun toting moron scares me more than any criminal. We don't live in the "Wild West" anymore, and life isn't a Hollywood western movie. No need to carry a gun around everywhere.

• Like 4

meh. Abort your baby = gooood.  Carry a gun = baaaad.  Lib logic

What is it that any time someone doesn't like things your way they are automatically a "liberal?" And I mean "your" as a grouping of people. Explain to me why a person NEEDS to carry a gun around everywhere. I am conservative by the way.

• Like 3

What is it that any time someone doesn't like things your way they are automatically a "liberal?" And I mean "your" as a grouping of people. Explain to me why a person NEEDS to carry a gun around everywhere.

Because not everyone takes their home with them when they go places.

• Like 10

My parents are paranoid pussies?

1)I am not anti gun, but my guns stay at home where they belong. 2)Like I have said before, a gun toting moron scares me more than any criminal. 3)We don't live in the "Wild West" anymore, and life isn't a Hollywood western movie. No need to carry a gun around everywhere.

1)So when you're out and you & your wife get robbed,you say:Hunny-aren't you glad I left my gun home where it's safe?

2)So you'd rather be with a criminal than a law abiding citizen?...WOW.

3)Bullshit.Yes,we do.

See below:

http://7online.com/news/bronx-bodega-shooting-caught-on-surveillance-camera/238595/

• Like 7

1)So when you're out and you & your wife get robbed,you say:Hunny-aren't you glad I left my gun home where it's safe?

2)So you'd rather be with a criminal than a law abiding citizen?...WOW.

3)Bullshit.Yes,we do.

See below:

http://7online.com/news/bronx-bodega-shooting-caught-on-surveillance-camera/238595/

Damn. Twist my words around so it works out in your favor.

13102453731202.png

Don't bother you can't change there fucked up minds, that's the guys you hope get robbed and then we'll it's to late.

When is the last time anybody ever here of a open carry citizen shooting up the place?

see above pic

Everybody is out to get me... I need to carry a gun! Paranoid much?

... cuz 'Murica!

Oh, I dunno... the last time I heard about a shooting involving a gun nut involved an unarmed black kid. Well, at least that's how the media portrayed it at first and the blacks still see it. Nevermind the fight, struggle, and whatever the kid picked up and used as a weapon. But what if he had not chased after Treyvon playing vigilante and had done the NORMAL person actions and called 911 and let the police do their jobs and serve the justice?

Actually the LAST TIME I heard about a gun nut was three weeks ago. Some idiot shooting at a woman's car in Raleigh over who the hell knows what he thought she did wrong while driving.

Damn. Twist my words around so it works out in your favor.

13102453731202.png

Logic can't be twisted.Ignorant statements can.

I WORK for the Rail road. My JOB is keeping my family SAFE. Guns are the tool that lets me accomplish my task. Just like a ratchet lets a mechanic complete his task.No difference.

• Like 9

Your arguement is somewhat null and void joecool as you just resort to name calling and posting mildly insulting pictures instead of just stating your point. You'd seem less reactionary and keep the strong side of the debate. I'm not trying to get your goat myself, just advice if you want it.

As for the book, any child who reads this would likely be pro-gun / pro-carry anyway as their parents would be and they'd be raised with it.

I support open carry myself, but prefer the idea of concealed carry. You're less likely to be targeted immediately in a dangerous situation. Just my personal opinion IMO.

• Like 9

Logic can't be twisted.Ignorant statements can.

I WORK for the Rail road. My JOB is keeping my family SAFE. Guns are the tool that lets me accomplish my task. Just like a ratchet lets a mechanic complete his task.No difference.

Talk about an ignorant statement!  Still sounds like paranoia to me. :poke:

Jesus_2e7ac6_2355941.jpg

Some law abiding citizens choose to carry a gun, some don't. That's their choice. Of all the people I know who conceal or open carry a firearm, only one has used it in a situation to protect himself and others. He was at a restaurant, waiting to pick his girlfriend up from work. A man came in, threatened her, and tried to rob the place. My friend moved behind the criminal, demanded he get on the floor, with his pistol drawn. The robber abided. He lay there peacefully, until the Sheriff arrived, and hauled him off. No shots were fired.

If you choose not to carry, so be it. I don't see anyone trying to force you to. Instead, respect the choice of others who feel justified in carrying. They may have a hand in saving someone you care about, some day.

• Like 12

Your arguement is somewhat null and void joecool as you just resort to name calling and posting mildly insulting pictures instead of just stating your point. You'd seem less reactionary and keep the strong side of the debate. I'm not trying to get your goat myself, just advice if you want it.

As for the book, any child who reads this would likely be pro-gun / pro-carry anyway as their parents would be and they'd be raised with it.

I support open carry myself, but prefer the idea of concealed carry. You're less likely to be targeted immediately in a dangerous situation. Just my personal opinion IMO.

How am I "resorting to name calling?"

I am not the one throwing around "ignorant", "liberal", "fucked up mind", and "hope they get robbed"

Hell, that last one pissed me off. Might as well have said "hope YOU get murdered"

I just asked a simple question that THEY cannot answer. All I get paranoia and insults. And once again, you twist my words into me trying to start an argument? 

WHY DO YOU FEEL YOU NEED TO CARRY A GUN EVERYWHERE? Have you been robbed before? Is there a criminal lurking in your suburban neighborhood? Because I know you don't live in the ghetto where you might actually NEED to carry a gun.

Some law abiding citizens choose to carry a gun, some don't. That's their choice. Of all the people I know who conceal or open carry a firearm, only one has used it in a situation to protect himself and others. He was at a restaurant, waiting to pick his girlfriend up from work. A man came in, threatened her, and tried to rob the place. My friend moved behind the criminal, demanded he get on the floor, with his pistol drawn. The robber abided. He lay there peacefully, until the Sheriff arrived, and hauled him off. No shots were fired.

If you choose not to carry, so be it. I don't see anyone trying to force you to. Instead, respect the choice of others who feel justified in carrying. They may have a hand in saving someone you care about, some day.

FINALLY! Someone with a real answer to my question!!!  :thumbup:

I am done with this discussion now. I never intended to  start an argument. I just wanted to know the reason. No one can ever give me a straight answer. Hell, how would I look if I carried a machete on my belt. "It's for protection!" Or a Samurai sword? :p Would I even be allowed to walk around with them in public?

Well, 'liberal' is a pretty common nomenclature. It's true that there are conservatives that support gun control and liberals who support gun ownership and open carry. True the other comments were on the wrong track, and I'm not condoning them. Your comments are quite reactionary, only reason I'm pointing them out.

As far as why you would have a carry permit. Self defence, defending your family, friends, home, etc. What you might see as 'paranoid' other might just see as prepared. It's all about point of view.

• Like 2