• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

Bush, Obama, now Trump. We started bombing Afghanistan in early Oct. 2001, a month after 9/11. The goal was to drive the Taliban from power and to punish them for giving shelter to Osama bin Laden and al Qaeda. In about one month that goal was accomplished in Nov. 2001. So WTF have we been doing there since? Arming and training Afghans so they can defend themselves... 10 years into that, Osama bin Laden was assassinated in... Pakistan? Oh yeah and according to Obama, in 2014 the war ended... so of course 3 years later US special forces are still there. Wait a minute, trillions of dollars spent? Is this a federal welfare program for the establishment military industrial machine?

• Like 1

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/08/20/uss-john-s-mccain-collides-with-merchant-ship-in-pacific.html

10 missing, 5 injured after USS John S. McCain collides with tanker in Pacific

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/stricken-us-destroyer-arrives-in-singapore-after-collision-10-sailors-missing/ar-AAqsjy5?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Top Navy admiral orders fleetwide investigation following latest collision at sea

The Navy is only now getting around to ordering a fleet wide investigation?????,.......It took 10 more lives before,.......darn, the Navy is lax these days. Not sure the Fat Boy in NK could not take them out with a tug boat. Westpac command Rear Admiral Don Gabrielson should be fired.

Ok this is a Law Prof saying this,...

http://rinf.com/alt-news/newswire/the-eclipse-is-racist-because-it-fails-to-affect-enough-black-people-the-atlantic-suggests/

The Eclipse Is Racist Because It Fails To Affect Enough Black People

Concerning “the Great American Eclipse,” Brooklyn Law School professor Alice Ristroph writes in the rapidly deteriorating magazine, “there live almost no black people” “along most of its path.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2017/08/american-totality-eclipse-race/537318/#article-comments

• Like 1

Bush, Obama, now Trump. We started bombing Afghanistan in early Oct. 2001, a month after 9/11. The goal was to drive the Taliban from power and to punish them for giving shelter to Osama bin Laden and al Qaeda. In about one month that goal was accomplished in Nov. 2001. So WTF have we been doing there since? Arming and training Afghans so they can defend themselves... 10 years into that, Osama bin Laden was assassinated in... Pakistan? Oh yeah and according to Obama, in 2014 the war ended... so of course 3 years later US special forces are still there. Wait a minute, trillions of dollars spent? Is this a federal welfare program for the establishment military industrial machine?

Opium, and lots of it, Afghanistan is rich in narcotics agriculture, and this ain't a conspiracy, a few friends of mine that are in the Marines told me all about it, research it, Para, it'll really get your blood boiling.

• Like 1

Fox reporting 4,000 new troops to Afghanistan. 

Yeah Bannon is already pushing back. Now that he's out of the WH we get to see the divide between him and McMaster play out in public. After railing against our involvement there it's going to take one hell of an address Trump needs to make to sell another 180. Can't believe they're calling adding troops a "new strategy" in Afghanistan.  

• Like 2

Opium, and lots of it, Afghanistan is rich in narcotics agriculture, and this ain't a conspiracy, a few friends of mine that are in the Marines told me all about it, research it, Para, it'll really get your blood boiling.

Will do.

• Like 1

The "traditional" Afghai attitude towards Opium was "it is forbidden by the prophet!  But foreigners want it.  So I will put enough of it aside to pay all my daughters' dowries when that time comes."  Now world commerce intrudes.  Opium is the root source for Morphine and Heroin.  A little acetic acid goes a long way!  Remember the medical world heralded Heroin as the non addictive alternative to Opium and Morphine when its production was announced.  Then the developer of heroin became one of the first recognized Heroin addicts.

• Like 2

Obama could sure deliver a speech.. he's got that over Trump. Except when trump goes into campaign mode, otherwise kinda boring.

Sometimes I can't help notice the similarities in his speech patterns and the lady below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mvk-M4kmVMk

Judy would have made a great attorney general. I would have preferred the Senate forego the impeachment of Bill Clinton and just have him swear in before Judy and say,

• Like 2

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Maybe that is why the US put up with Pakistan all these years because it was obvious to all that the rebels were entering Afghanistan from there. WTF? finally they're seeing this now?? WTF was Bin Laden killed??? Pakistan FFS! Fuck Pakistan .... send in the drones and tomahawks and cut off their money.

Stop building nations that don't want to be built. Fuck Afghanistan, just kick the door in as you like and go in and kill terrorists and walk back out. If you hear backtalk turn around and go back in and repeat, as often as needed. Fuck paying billions to prop up corrupt regimes.

Stop micro managing from Washington.Tell the generals in the field what you want and let them kick ass. Modify the 'rules of engagement' toward winning!

Stop telegraphing your intentions and troop movements.

• Like 3

Well written speech; delivered like a three bean salad enema. Unfortunately the "new strategy" has no clear end goals, or what winning even means, and once again it's all left open ended. Other than not being told anything in advance, how has anything changed? Obama called it "limited state-building" rather than nation-building, but Trump is not changing any of those policies. I think it would be a disaster if we walk away, and I think there is a reasonable presence the US can justify as protecting our own interests by being there. I don't know if I agree that it's wise to cut the military loose in Afghanistan given how politically loaded US military aggression is in the area. Actually political matters may be better left in the hands of the military. Obama's hyper control sure fucked it up a tree. In the end, the establishment military complex is happy. The lion sleeps tonight.

• Like 1