The problem is compounded by external "alternative" energy sources.  Geothermal plants, Solar farms, efficiency increases with consumer buy-in, Bio-Diesel, etc.  All of these alone are almost negligible, but combined they are impacting the industry's growth/profits.  By dropping fuel prices, they are also slowing the alternative energy industries growth.  Getting people to buy bigger trucks.  Getting industry moving under oil.  Gaining momentum before they raise the prices again.  

STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM OIL.  (where reasonable)  It's too damn valuable to burn senselessly.  

• Replies 28k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no clear front runner in the alternative energy market, but there are mutual funds that invest broadly in that market. in 2009 the alternative energy index was at $5k, today it is at $23k. Go back and look at oil and you'll see the opposite trend. The righting/writing is on the wall...street

The USA is giving Iran $50 billion.. with a max of about $150 billion.

Think about that when you are filing your taxes.

Haven't heard that. Have heard that frozen Iran assets have been freed up. Not the same thing.

Nobody, the Aussie is making assumptions because she endorsed the trumpet.

Sorry mate, my bad.

A Straylian radio show had a piece on her this morning.

The announcer mentioned "Sarah Palin is running for Vice President".

I have to admit, I was parked at a set of traffic lights at the time (in my 4*4), and was looking down the cleavage of a little hottie next to me.

Bad Ratwagon :(

• Like 3

Sorry mate, my bad.

A Straylian radio show had a piece on her this morning.

The announcer mentioned "Sarah Palin is running for Vice President".

I have to admit, I was parked at a set of traffic lights at the time (in my 4*4), and was looking down the cleavage of a little hottie next to me.

Bad Ratwagon :(

In your defense, There's every indication that Trump could ask Palin to be his running mate. She's already campaigning with him. The VP is not elected though, they are simply chosen by the party candidate. Thank god there isn't a separate election for that. This sorry ass "election" process is stupid enough already. If he get's the nomination and chooses her as his VP, HOLY CRAP BATMAN!!!!!

Merican politics, what a shit show.

In your defense, There's every indication that Trump could ask Palin to be his running mate. She's already campaigning with him. The VP is not elected though, they are simply chosen by the party candidate. Thank god there isn't a separate election for that. This sorry ass "election" process is stupid enough already. If he get's the nomination and chooses her as his VP, HOLY CRAP BATMAN!!!!!

Merican politics, what a shit show.

What are you talking about?, it's been a shit show for decades!

• Like 1

Trump isn't dumb enough to choose her. She tanked McCain's presidential run.. he is aware of that I'm sure. She is a tool to be used in key states that probably favored her during McCain's run.

At this point, he is running against other republicans to get that nomination. 

• Like 2

How about a review system.. or a price chart.

Think about your medical system using a mechanic analogy.

You pay for an extended warranty on your car monthly. It's a substantial amount, but it's required that you do so.

You take your car to a mechanic because of a spun bearing. It's a serious issue.. but a good mechanic can fix it right the first time. Anyway, you take your car in to the biggest or nicest shop, or whatever is closest to you. You base your choice of shop based on what it looks like on the outside. You first start by talking to a service adviser that wants to run a test on your car. They run the test, and then schedule a follow up test based on the results from the first test. You pay the shop $50 and they will bill you for the rest later. Whatever that amount adds up to is not disclosed.

Based on the first test, which was inconclusive, they bring you in for a second test. You again, pay the $50.. and they send you home. Again billing your for the rest of the charges later. They want to schedule you for a third time. This time they assign you a mechanic. You pay the $50, and sit down to talk to mechanic for about 15 minutes. You know nothing about this mechanic. He has a bunch of certifications, but you don't know if this guy is any good at repairing a spun bearing. How many come backs has this mechanic had? How many times did his work result in a failed engine? How many times did he not get all the bolts torqued correctly? You don't know. It's not posted anywhere.

Again you don't know how much the mechanic will charge you. You don't know if the mechanic across town that does the same work has better reviews.. or perhaps charges less for the same level service.

The mechanic sends you home and schedules the actual repair. 

You then show up pay the $50 again, and the repair procedure is carried out. After the repair is completed, you go home. You bill arrives in the mail.

Your warranty only covered 20% of the repair cost. You now owe $20 grand for the repair which is not itemized. It's just what was left over after your warranty paid, and after your $50 payments at the shop.

The actual work performed on your vehicle carries no warranty. No guarantee it was done correctly.But hey... it's fixed. Or is it.

• Like 2