What exactly is 'your fair share'????? Wouldn't a fair share be the same percentage for everyone???? I don't think so. If you make more you pay more and you do. Only an idiot would pay more taxes that they have to... it's called tax avoidance not tax evasion. Tax avoidance is totally legal. You take advantage of deductions on your return to reduce the taxes you pay and wish you had more, why not the rich?

And working less to avoid being put in a higher bracket is a legal avoidance strategy, I know lots of people that own their own business and practice said strategy, I used to do it when I had mine, in the end it saves me money plus more time off for me, win, win.

• Like 1
  • Replies 28k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

^ one of the reasons I've always refused to work overtime, you have to get a shit ton to actually make more money. I remember younger guys thinking they were hitting paydirt just to get taxed more and bust their asses for nothing.

• Like 2

^ one of the reasons I've always refused to work overtime, you have to get a shit ton to actually make more money. I remember younger guys thinking they were hitting paydirt just to get taxed more and bust their asses for nothing.

Definitely.

Thank goodness for my current job. Overtime is secured on the books after 8-hours daily (not cumulative 40+). Double time happens often between March-December. A slow bare bones week is about 52-55 hours during winter (rest of the weeks are generally between 60-70 hours). I have a couple exception rates I get to claim on my payrate at time. It all adds up.

Do I like working my life away ? No.... but my commute is a breeze.... I am a hard worker when I need to be. I guess I don't have a problem working for Double-time until 11am on a required Saturday then getting to have the rest of the weekend to myself as well.

• Like 1

they kicked Teddy. they must die. I am literally shaking with rage right now.

tumblr_m671fsN31T1rod8le.gif

Michael Savage left bloodied, shaken in public assault

Talk-radio star pursuing felony hate-crime charges arising from political views

Savage, with his dog, Teddy, was finishing up dinner Tuesday night at Servino Restaurant in Tiburon, California, north of San Francisco, when the unnamed assailant charged up to Savage and began yelling, reported local media blogger Rich Lieberman.

The attacker kicked the poodle out of the way, grabbed Savage and threw him to the ground, according to an eyewitness.

Savage was not seriously hurt, but the incident left him bloodied and shaken, Lieberman said.

See the Savage book collection in the WND Superstore

Savage’s attorney, Dan Horowitz, told the blogger he will seek criminal charges.

“We’re going to seek felony charges against the man, and we’re going to investigate this as a hate crime because of Michael’s political views,” Horowitz said.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2017/03/talk-radio-superstar-left-bloodied-shaken-in-public-assault/#LJ7jU2cXxcf7qjzb.99

• Like 1

Salary. No overtime... Wait, I mean no getting any money for overtime. I work plenty of overtime. I've been up past midnight working for more than the last week wrapping up a federal grant application for a client. Overtime would be freaking awesome.

Trump hints that details regarding wiretapping will come out within the next two weeks. Might save it for until in front of intel committee. Did not say if it would be before/after/during meeting. Probably depends on how things are going up until that point.

There was a online article I read down here today that stated words to the effect of he initially (The President) got information from the media about the alleged wiretapping.

Ill post link to said article if I can remember where I saw it.

And again, they are making it about religion. Well, so far it is the only religion currently committing mass genocide, so why not let them in?

isis_slaughter.jpg

And they are also quite tolerant of other religions

yazidi-women.jpg?w=380&h=254&l=50&t=40

What makes me mega face-palm about ISIS and Al-Quaeda and all of the Islamic terror groups is the idea religion is not the problem,it BLATANTLY is when the people who are in these groups are motivated by a religious document - even IF they are mis-interpreting it.

The travel ban being designed to be a religious ban/exclusion as a reason to be against it is ridiculous IMO,sure not ALL of the people who are Muslim are terror threats but how to tell the difference? 

Ask the Muslim - "are you a terrorist?"   

• Like 1

You always make more money when you work more. You may have to pay a very small % more in tax for it. If you work OT regularly adjust your tax deduction higher so you don't owe anything come tax time. 

Overtime is an expensive loan....

"Wrong. Her net pay, after taxes, will be much lower. On her overtime earnings, she will have to pay a 28 percent federal income tax, a 7.65 percent federal payroll tax, and roughly a 6 percent state income tax (assuming she lives in an average-tax state)."

https://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/working-overtime-is-more-taxing-you-think

• Like 1

Yes, very wrong. If you are paid time and a half think of it as actually 1 3/8 or 1 5/16 take home pay. :rolleyes:

If what you say were true NO ONE would work OT.

People get blinded by the bottom line of their check and don't bother breaking down the code, that's how the government gets them, ignorance is bliss?

In the state I live there's no mandatory overtime for any reason. Loosing time with my family, having to take the time to with hold at a higher rate, and be in a higher tax bracket is detrimental to my life...all reasons I don't fuck with overtime unless a boss asks for a favor...and I'm cool with said boss.

• Like 2

hmmm,...if nominated by 0bama, then Sessions should be able to ask for him to resign.

It doesn't work that way!  The Judiciary is an independent arm of the government establishment and [Federal] are appointed for life.  Except for impeachment for very substantial cause, what you see is what you'vbe got until they croak.

• Like 1