It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out you don't play with a real-looking gun in the street and point it at or near a police officer when they show up.  If he had dropped it immediately, he wouldn't be dead.

man, I can see your point but this trial and execution by cop stuff is getting out of hand. they could have fired bean bag bullets at him or pepper sprayed him or sent a dog in to get him or tasered him or just waited a few minutes until someone with some high powered binoculars verified that the gun was real.

if they had rolled up on him and he was putting lead in the air then yeah, drop his ass into the grass, but if he hasn't fired a shot yet than the cops ought to take that into account and just take a second to evaluate the scene a bit better before sentencing the kid to death on suspicion of carrying a loaded pistol.

• Replies 28k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

man, I can see your point but this trial and execution by cop stuff is getting out of hand. they could have fired bean bag bullets at him or pepper sprayed him or sent a dog in to get him or tasered him or just waited a few minutes until someone with some high powered binoculars verified that the gun was real.

if they had rolled up on him and he was putting lead in the air then yeah, drop his ass into the grass, but if he hasn't fired a shot yet than the cops ought to take that into account and just take a second to evaluate the scene a bit better before sentencing the kid to death on suspicion of carrying a loaded pistol.

Yeah, but at the same time, you watch the video, as soon as the cop rolls up and gets out, the kid starts to raise the gun towards him.  The other question is, what was he saying?  Maybe some other kid fed him some LSD on a dare and he was tripping balls.  People just don't understand guns aren't toys.  If it was a paintball gun with a giant hopper on the top, I'm pretty sure the cop wouldn't have shot him.  I wish they wouldn't have shot him, but in the cops place, I don't know if I would have felt I had a choice.

In-correct on all counts.
  • Like 3

I'll remember to tell every officer I see to carry their high powered binoculars and only load bean bag rounds next time they go to a report of someone bradishing a gun, you know cause it could just be an air soft gun.

IMHO its just natural selection catching up, stupid people do stupid shit and they die, that's how its supposed to be, make the gene pool smarter

• Like 1

ya'll are harsh. brief stupidity on a person's part warrants on the spot death by firing squad? naw, I don't buy that. the Border Patrol doesn't shoot offenders on the spot and even suspected terrorists get a trial but an American citizen carrying a weapon can be killed on the spot and that's reasonable? I stand by what I said: if the dude is pulling the trigger then take him out. if he's not, try some non-lethal takedown methods first.

Guest Rick-rat

a.d.  Have you ever been shot? Ever had anyone shoot at you? I have, if I come across someone with a gun pointed at me I will take them out without hesitation, don't care if it is a kid or whatever. A kid with a gun can kill you the same as any other person. Even brief stupidity is no excuse for pointing ANY type of gun at someone. Not harsh, just reality

• Like 3

ya'll are harsh. brief stupidity on a person's part warrants on the spot death by firing squad? naw, I don't buy that. the Border Patrol doesn't shoot offenders on the spot and even suspected terrorists get a trial but an American citizen carrying a weapon can be killed on the spot and that's reasonable? I stand by what I said: if the dude is pulling the trigger then take him out. if he's not, try some non-lethal takedown methods first.

Still in-correct on all counts.
  • Like 2

a.d. Have you ever been shot? Ever had anyone shoot at you? I have, if I come across someone with a gun pointed at me I will take them out without hesitation, don't care if it is a kid or whatever. A kid with a gun can kill you the same as any other person. Even brief stupidity is no excuse for pointing ANY type of gun at someone. Not harsh, just reality

Been shot at both intonationally and unintentionally, neither is a pleasant experience. I'm with you rick, no hesitation.

It wasnt a firing squad,it was a split second decision by a law enforcement officer.I wouldnt define walking around in a park with a gun (fake or real) as brief stupidity.If the gun was real and the dude pulled the trigger a cop might be dead.Non lethal means suspect might still be able to pull a trigger.Why let your kid play with a fake gun that looks real especially nowadays ?

• Like 1

I stand by what I said: engage in non-lethal means if possible before you start popping caps. ya'll ain't gonna sway me and I'm certain I've made no converts here but there is something about almost daily, questionable killings of the citizenry by the state in American streets that is offensive and has not been standard practice in this country until recently. It's very third-worldy, banana-republic-ish.

News trends are just that, trends. We'll continue to hear about shootings by law enforcement, until the next big thing. Then news of it will fall off the map.

Thinking all these cases of an officer using a firearm on duty, is suddenly new news, is naive at best.

Wonder what will come next?

• Like 1

its designed to cover up the shit going on with Russia,

watching Americans turn on themselves is fucking pathetic to the point of not caring. Poorly trained cops, grey area thugs, protesters ............?

all I can say is the Renaissance came outta the Black Plague 

• Like 1