• Please log in to reply
23460 replies to this topic

#21 maltese

maltese

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts
  • Cars:1973 240z

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:33 PM

Some law abiding citizens choose to carry a gun, some don't. That's their choice. Of all the people I know who conceal or open carry a firearm, only one has used it in a situation to protect himself and others. He was at a restaurant, waiting to pick his girlfriend up from work. A man came in, threatened her, and tried to rob the place. My friend moved behind the criminal, demanded he get on the floor, with his pistol drawn. The robber abided. He lay there peacefully, until the Sheriff arrived, and hauled him off. No shots were fired.

If you choose not to carry, so be it. I don't see anyone trying to force you to. Instead, respect the choice of others who feel justified in carrying. They may have a hand in saving someone you care about, some day.

FUCK YEAH!!! Even if it is a Toyota motor. ;)

#22 Eomund

Eomund

• PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Cars:1972 Datsun PL521, 2010 Nissan Versa 1.8 HB

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:36 PM

Talk about an ignorant statement!  Still sounds like paranoia to me. :poke:

Jesus_2e7ac6_2355941.jpg

Again, insults and pictures. Just debate with facts or you look like you're just trolling for a reaction.

#23 JoeCool

JoeCool

Datsun Mechanic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,329 posts
  • Cars:1980 Datsun 720... SOLD. Now own a 2002 Nissan Frontier XE. Crew cab, 4x4

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:46 PM

Your arguement is somewhat null and void joecool as you just resort to name calling and posting mildly insulting pictures instead of just stating your point. You'd seem less reactionary and keep the strong side of the debate. I'm not trying to get your goat myself, just advice if you want it.

As for the book, any child who reads this would likely be pro-gun / pro-carry anyway as their parents would be and they'd be raised with it.

I support open carry myself, but prefer the idea of concealed carry. You're less likely to be targeted immediately in a dangerous situation. Just my personal opinion IMO.

How am I "resorting to name calling?"

I am not the one throwing around "ignorant", "liberal", "fucked up mind", and "hope they get robbed"

Hell, that last one pissed me off. Might as well have said "hope YOU get murdered"

I just asked a simple question that THEY cannot answer. All I get paranoia and insults. And once again, you twist my words into me trying to start an argument? 

WHY DO YOU FEEL YOU NEED TO CARRY A GUN EVERYWHERE? Have you been robbed before? Is there a criminal lurking in your suburban neighborhood? Because I know you don't live in the ghetto where you might actually NEED to carry a gun.

*"If it falls off, it doesn't matter!" Tom Magliozzi of Car Talk

#24 JoeCool

JoeCool

Datsun Mechanic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,329 posts
  • Cars:1980 Datsun 720... SOLD. Now own a 2002 Nissan Frontier XE. Crew cab, 4x4

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:48 PM

Some law abiding citizens choose to carry a gun, some don't. That's their choice. Of all the people I know who conceal or open carry a firearm, only one has used it in a situation to protect himself and others. He was at a restaurant, waiting to pick his girlfriend up from work. A man came in, threatened her, and tried to rob the place. My friend moved behind the criminal, demanded he get on the floor, with his pistol drawn. The robber abided. He lay there peacefully, until the Sheriff arrived, and hauled him off. No shots were fired.

If you choose not to carry, so be it. I don't see anyone trying to force you to. Instead, respect the choice of others who feel justified in carrying. They may have a hand in saving someone you care about, some day.

FINALLY! Someone with a real answer to my question!!!  :thumbup:

I am done with this discussion now. I never intended to  start an argument. I just wanted to know the reason. No one can ever give me a straight answer. Hell, how would I look if I carried a machete on my belt. "It's for protection!" Or a Samurai sword? :P Would I even be allowed to walk around with them in public?

*"If it falls off, it doesn't matter!" Tom Magliozzi of Car Talk

#25 Eomund

Eomund

• PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:56 PM

Well, 'liberal' is a pretty common nomenclature. It's true that there are conservatives that support gun control and liberals who support gun ownership and open carry. True the other comments were on the wrong track, and I'm not condoning them. Your comments are quite reactionary, only reason I'm pointing them out.

As far as why you would have a carry permit. Self defence, defending your family, friends, home, etc. What you might see as 'paranoid' other might just see as prepared. It's all about point of view.

#26 datzenmike

datzenmike

KING RAT

• User Administrator
  • 69,433 posts
  • Cars:'74 710 sedan, '76 710. prevoius... '78 620, '71 521, '68 510 new '76 B-210

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:59 PM

5 day waiting period for a mental assessment, as if just wanting a gun is the first place isn't proof enough.

Posted Image

#27 maltese

maltese

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts
  • Cars:1973 240z

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:04 PM

5 day waiting period for a mental assessment, as if just wanting a gun is the first place isn't proof enough.

:rofl:

We get 10 days.

FUCK YEAH!!! Even if it is a Toyota motor. ;)

#28 Z-train

Z-train

Datsun Mechanic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,194 posts
  • Cars:72 240Z, 1977 810 Wagon & a 620

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:08 PM

Mike-what is a five day wait going to accomplish?

Joe NotCool-I wouldn't even think of telling you how to protect your family. But for some reason you think you can tell me (and others) how to protect ours. That by definition is a liberal.
And just a point of info:I have to deal with Bobcats,Mountain Lions,packs of Coyotes(anywhere from 5 to 30) and the occasional Gila Monster on my ranch.Now,exactly who the fuck are you to tell me how to protect my ranch,animals & property?
Dear God,
We'll give you Justin Beiber,if you'll give us Dio back.

#29 datzenmike

datzenmike

KING RAT

• User Administrator
  • 69,433 posts
  • Cars:'74 710 sedan, '76 710. prevoius... '78 620, '71 521, '68 510 new '76 B-210

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:10 PM

. Hell, how would I look if I carried a machete on my belt. "It's for protection!" Or a Samurai sword? :P Would I even be allowed to walk around with them in public?

Actually I open carry a machete in public. It's in a leather sheath. Not every day but couple times a week, often enough on the job. I would never carry it around when not working and have an excuse to, that would be pretty stupid, like a guy carrying a shotgun around just because he could. Makes people nervous.

Posted Image

#30 datzenmike

datzenmike

KING RAT

• User Administrator
  • 69,433 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:15 PM

Mike-what is a five day wait going to accomplish?

Fucked if I know. Maybe spur of the moment hatred road rage shit. If I were really serious about killing someone, five (or ten) days is worth the wait. Like a delayed orgasm.

Posted Image

#31 Ratwagon1600

Ratwagon1600

ɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oʇ ǝɯoɔןǝʍ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts
  • Cars:1600 project, Yota Hilux SR5, Hyundai Santa Fe, 720 ute project.

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:15 PM

Wow!

One little link to a news article on an Aussie news website and look what ive started.

Naughty Ratwagon :)

Hahahaha RW bring called an ass kisser is awesome. Don't know him personally but he always seemed belligerent, not brown nosey.

You have standards?

detective ratwagon

#32 q-tip

q-tip

shark-tip

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,377 posts
  • Cars:72 ka'd 4dr 76 620KC

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:18 PM

LIBERAL!!!

any one offened?........I really don't think being called a liberal is name calling......

.......'murca

I yeald to the wisdom of Q on this one.

Fuck!!!!!!!! I guess QTip was right...

#33 q-tip

q-tip

shark-tip

• 14,377 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:19 PM

Wow!

One little link to a news article on an Aussie news website and look what ive started.

Naughty Ratwagon :)

You scoundrel you. :lol:

#34 datzenmike

datzenmike

KING RAT

• User Administrator
  • 69,433 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:26 PM

I was asked by a fellow co-worker if I would sponsor him in acquiring an FAC so he could legally buy a rifle? Start to finish probably takes several weeks to several months. The police investigate for criminal background and someone contacts me (I have previously signed the application) They asked if Ted (not his real name) ever displayed strange or uneven behavior, how long I had known him, did I think he was sensible and competent to own a fire arm? I assume that if later it could be proven that I had misled them or outright lied I would be in deep deep shit like perjury. 'Ted' is the most sensible guy I know and hunts meat for the year every fall. Talks about hunting but not on and on about guns and ammo, shit like that. He's not a gun nut.

Yeah as long as this doesn't 'go off the rails' it can go on.

Posted Image

#35 Rhapakatui

Rhapakatui

Texas wins.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,648 posts
  • Cars:'78 620 King Cab, '77 710 Goon, '09 Nissan Titan Crew Cab, '09 Toyota RAV4

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:31 PM

They should have that same setup for cars. It's ok to own one if you just wanna use it for transportation, but not if you're really into them. Oh, and definitely not more than one per person. That'd just be stupid.
my build
http://community.rat...ab/page__st__20

Arguing with you is like trying to put sox on an octopus.

#36 Z-train

Z-train

Datsun Mechanic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,194 posts
  • Cars:72 240Z, 1977 810 Wagon & a 620

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:39 PM

Fucked if I know. Maybe spur of the moment hatred road rage shit. If I were really serious about killing someone, five (or ten) days is worth the wait. Like a delayed orgasm.

I have 12 or more in my possession.SO the waiting period is moot. This is what a lot of people don't understand.
Dear God,
We'll give you Justin Beiber,if you'll give us Dio back.

#37 hobospyder

hobospyder

El Matador

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,345 posts
  • Cars:73 620, 77 620kc, 02 300m, 96 s10

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:45 PM

:rofl:

We get 10 days.

concealed permit. If it's in the store I can walk out with it

Lol you really think he would tell anyone, ahh yes Mr. Peterson I was taken a piss and everything got dark like there was an eclipse, when I look back to see what was making the shade when WHAM!! Cock hit me right in the face. I don't know whose it was but we could match up the bruise.

you assume i have any fucks

#38 datzenmike

datzenmike

KING RAT

• User Administrator
  • 69,433 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:10 PM

I don't know any private citizen who is able to carry a hand gun up here. You can transport in a locked box in the trunk to and from the shooting range. Possibly a private security firm. I know Brinks guards look like they have guns. Average person would have no need or excuse to carry concealed and certainly not open. If I saw another Canadian trying to carry a gun in public I would run the other way then call the police. Being afraid isn't enough and it's not like there are others walking around with them that you would feel the need to arm yourself.

From my side, 'Muricans are a crazy bunch of cowboys. When there, I make a habit of moving my hands slowly, stay in the light and keep my yap shut.

Posted Image

#39 q-tip

q-tip

shark-tip

• 14,377 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:20 PM

I don't know any private citizen who is able to carry a hand gun up here. You can transport in a locked box in the trunk to and from the shooting range. Possibly a private security firm. I know Brinks guards look like they have guns. Average person would have no need or excuse to carry concealed and certainly not open. If I saw another Canadian trying to carry a gun in public I would run the other way then call the police. Being afraid isn't enough and it's not like there are others walking around with them that you would feel the need to arm yourself.

From my side, 'Muricans are a crazy bunch of cowboys. When there, I make a habit of moving my hands slowly, stay in the light and keep my yap shut.

No need to worry Mike, if you're with Ratsun folk, you're covered.

#40 Eomund

Eomund

• PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:30 PM

Personally, I very much dislike the term 'merican. I feel it implies we're not well spoken, well read and generally unintelligent. Especially if we happen to support our 2nd amendment rights and/or happen to be a conservative.

There have been quite a few legitimate reasons given as to why someone would carry or would not. People who do legally carry are not the people who are breaking the laws, and being 'afraid' of a law abiding citizen who just so happens to be legally carrying a firearm is implying that he is going to do something wrong or illegal. When in reality, it's the individuals who are not legally carrying fire arms, the majority of the time, don't even legally own, that you have to be afraid of.

I feel the rhetoric on either side can easily be taken too far, but when you arguments end up in, 'you're stupid', 'crazy', 'ignorant', etc. only act to entice anger in the other party and leads to an argument rather than a philosophical debate. I just feel it's the wrong tact to take and causes you to lose the higher ground. This goes for both parties.

I might be getting mildly off topic so I'll quit there.

I don't know any private citizen who is able to carry a hand gun up here. ou can transport in a locked box to and from the shooting range. Possibly a private security firm. I know Brinks guards look like they have guns. Average person would have no need or excuse to carry concealed and certainly not open. If I saw another Canadian trying to carry a gun in public I would run the other way then call the police. Being afraid isn't enough and it's not like there are others walking around with them that you would feel the need to arm yourself.