Good answer, and correct.

Why is one the sworn enemy of Christ and the root of all evil.. and one is just a rifle? 

It's because one is perceived to LOOK scary.. and for that reason alone should be banned entirely.  Does that make sense to anyone here?

Couple that fact with the stats I posted earlier, and you can see that all the thrash about weapon bans is pure ignorance. 

No,doesn't make sense to me.I never understood the "scary gun" BS.Any gun pointed at me would be scary,don't care what kind it is.

• Like 1
  • Replies 28k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we find common ground to make changes in gun control. 

When there's gun fire inside a building, are police trained to blindly enter and engage the gunman, or does the deputy "failing" to be a hero not fit the gun rights narrative that "only if we could arm teachers"?

We can all say mentally ill people shouldn't have guns, but when the FBI/ATF has confiscated people's gun in the past, how have gun rights activists reacted?

I'm sick of this pussy foot tap dancing around the subject. Guns are used by all kinds of people to kill other people. Some use stupid rhetoric to ban them, and others use stupid rhetoric to protect them. Most of us what to find regulations to keep us safer, but NRA folk will only accept regulation that protects 2A, so for god sake guys PLEASE tell us how you rationalize that an 18 year old should be able to by a "sport" carbine.

BTW

*Sport*

Verb:

To amuse oneself or play in a lively, energetic way.

"children often participate in sports at school"

Could we all agree that rifles of any type do less killing than Hand Guns? 

Can we all agree far more lives are lost to other means of mechanisms than rifles?

Why are rifles an issue when other statistic show humans are being killed at alarming rates and we don't see such knee jerk partisan division designed arguments crop up?

I really don't know why a Sport rifle gets a bad rap when the handgun eclipses it several times in lives claimed within the USA and world. In the instance of Florida we have bureaucratic agency responsibility break downs in monumental amounts. Lets start there. In just about every mass shooting in the last 10 years the Agency has failed to adequately follow up on dangerous people. Yet the media, and heart broken people blame the gun and NRA instead of human error. Easy to blame. 

Explain to me how the NRA caused any of this? .

Explain to me why no one is blaming Pharma Drugs when in every instance a serotonin re-uptake inhibitor has been involved?  Side effects do include suicide thoughts and violence.......

Maybe it should be an automatic FAIL on a background check if these drugs are currently being prescribed....

• Like 2

Can we find common ground to make changes in gun control.

When there's gun fire inside a building, are police trained to blindly enter and engage the gunman, or does the deputy "failing" to be a hero not fit the gun rights narrative that "only if we could arm teachers"?

We can all say mentally ill people shouldn't have guns, but when the FBI/ATF has confiscated people's gun in the past, how have gun rights activists reacted?

I'm sick of this pussy foot tap dancing around the subject. Guns are used by all kinds of people to kill other people. Some use stupid rhetoric to ban them, and others use stupid rhetoric to protect them. Most of us what to find regulations to keep us safer, but NRA folk will only accept regulation that protects 2A, so for god sake guys PLEASE tell us how you rationalize that an 18 year old should be able to by a "sport" carbine.

BTW

*Sport*

Verb:

To amuse oneself or play in a lively, energetic way.

"children often participate in sports at school"

Well because that same 18yo can join the military and GIVEN said rifle, in fact the true "assault rifle" version of that firearm. That same 18yo can vote, be drafted, get a job, get a credit card, aquire a loan, go to college and get massively in debt for a useless document and is legally an ADULT.

• Like 3

Can we all agree far more lives are lost to other means of mechanisms than rifles?

Why are rifles an issue when other statistic show humans are being killed at alarming rates and we don't see such knee jerk partisan division designed arguments crop up?

I really don't know why a Sport rifle gets a bad rap when the handgun eclipses it several times in lives claimed within the USA and world. In the instance of Florida we have bureaucratic agency responsibility break downs in monumental amounts. Lets start there. In just about every mass shooting in the last 10 years the Agency has failed to adequately follow up on dangerous people. Yet the media, and heart broken people blame the gun and NRA instead of human error. Easy to blame. 

Explain to me why no one is blaming Pharma Drugs when in every instance a serotonin re-uptake inhibitor has been involved?  Side effects do include suicide thoughts and violence.......

Maybe it should be an automatic FAIL on a background check if these drugs are currently being prescribed....

There you go injecting intelligent thoughts into what people need to be an emotional reaction. There’s a good amount of people that blame pharma but it doesn’t play with msm rhetoric.

Well because that same 18yo can join the military and GIVEN said rifle, in fact the true "assault rifle" version of that firearm. That same 18yo can vote, be drafted, get a job, get a credit card, aquire a loan, go to college and get massively in debt for a useless document and is legally an ADULT.

Sharktip dropping knowledge.

I really want to know why TV seems to dictate what people are to be outraged about?

We’re in the age of reality tv man, the news has gone that way too. Way too many pathetic people that look to Hollywood whores and rapists for their values.

• Like 1

The Networks have been glaringly obvious echo chambers of a political ideology and have zero accountability. 

So why am I to trust them to give me any form of information?

Their reputations speak loud and clear. They are all owned by some NEO-corporate entity and push non stop lies...Yet we see people jump right on board with what ever they have to offer.

Its obviously honest information this time because its a tragic event....

• Like 1

You're lumping together all gun related deaths.Mass shootings are a little different aren't they ? your "sport rifle" aka "assault weapon,sporting carbine,scary gun" is what's being used for these mass murders.Maybe that's what the bad rap is about ? i haven't heard of any mass murder recently using a handgun or deer hunting rifle.

• Like 1

You're lumping together all gun related deaths.Mass shootings are a little different aren't they ? your "sport rifle" aka "assault weapon,sporting carbine,scary gun" is what's being used for these mass murders.Maybe that's what the bad rap is about ? i haven't heard of any mass murder recently using a handgun or deer hunting rifle.

John Mass shootings are far less frequent and have an extremely lower body count. So tell me why I should be outraged at just Mass shootings and all the other statistic don't count?

These A.K,A Sporting rifles still contribute to far less deaths than any other Firearm. 

• Like 1

Sounds like you couldn’t care less about the thousands of people killed by handguns but are stuck on the ar used to kill a whopping 17 in a few minutes. I’m not saying you actually feel that way, just that it sounds that way.

John Mass shootings are far less frequent and have an extremely lower body count. So tell me why I should be outraged at just Mass shootings and all the other statistic don't count?

These A.K,A Sporting rifles still contribute to far less deaths than any other Firearm.

Sounds like you couldn’t care less about the thousands of people killed by handguns but are stuck on the ar used to kill a whopping 17 in a few minutes. I’m not saying you actually feel that way, just that it sounds that way.

Still... mass shootings could be severely curtailed. If someone deranged entered your kid's school would you rather they had a hand gun or automatic rifle? Or does it really matter how they are killed? Police and security would be more inclined to engage a hand gun and I assume a hand gun is less accurate.

Still... mass shootings could be severely curtailed. If someone deranged entered your kid's school would you rather they had a hand gun or automatic rifle? Or does it really matter how they are killed? Police and security would be more inclined to engage a hand gun and I assume a hand gun is less accurate.

What matters is that the public is being manipulated.

everyone of these events can be prevented and it doesn't mean with gun control...These are soft Targets for one. Easy pickings.. Can you answer why the House of representatives has no issue with mass shootings? Or maybe the Senate? How about the White House? Your State Capitol? 

See my point?

Those places are protected with armed diligence yet we act as if schools should be different than that. Airports.. Why is that different than the a school building? A Bank.. Why is that different? 

There are answers to stuff that don't require punishing a vast majority of people with left demagoguery puritanism.  Protect our Schools like any other public municipality as they should be.

I guarantee you will see massive if not all Mass shootings at school disappear.

These are all crimes of planned opportunity. Pick the place with the least chance of return fire, or anyone defending themselves. Saying there needs to be some form of control on the rifles is a shit accuse for shallow thinking and wont prevent a fucking thing. 

The school will still be unarmed for the next nut to do what he or she wants.

• Like 2

Sounds like you don't care about kids being killed while at school trying to be kids.A "whopping 17" ? not enough to matter to you ? if you think i care about some guy getting shot and killed with a handgun because his crack purchase went bad you might be correct.If you can't see the difference between these mass shootings and the single incident type of murder you're ignorant.You guys will place blame on everything BUT the gun.I blame all factors involved,not just a gun.Take something away from the equation (mental illness,psychiatric drugs,scary gun) and none of it is as likely to happen.

• Like 1

Sounds like you don't care about kids being killed while at school trying to be kids.A "whopping 17" ? not enough to matter to you ? if you think i care about some guy getting shot and killed with a handgun because his crack purchase went bad you might be correct.If you can't see the difference between these mass shootings and the single incident type of murder you're ignorant.You guys will place blame on everything BUT the gun.I blame all factors involved,not just a gun.Take something away from the equation (mental illness,psychiatric drugs,scary gun) and none of it is as likely to happen.

Ahem.....

France is a perfect example how your reasoning fails.

Last I heard France banned all weapons yet has had recent mass shootings that eclipse the USA mass shooting death tolls. 

Explain how a country with strict laws banning all weapons could ever have this happen? Full Auto weapons too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/November_2015_Paris_attacks

• Like 2

2015 stats (non-gang related homicides)

<stuff removed ... see original post>

Total firearms: 2,596
Handguns: 1,625
Rifles: 64
Shotguns: 68
Other guns: 43
Firearms, type not stated: 624

Why is the AR-15 being singled out?

Are you really asking this ? Vegas,Orlando,Newton,Parkland.Could that be why ?

Look at the stats above... they tell a completely different story.

Lets just say there were an multiple stabbing incidents. The attackers in each case used a 12" knife made by the Buck knife manufacturing company. Would you design legislation to ban 12" buck knives? Or would design legislation for all 12" knives?

This is what we are seeing here.

Look at the stats above... they tell a completely different story.

Lets just say there were an multiple stabbing incidents. The attackers in each case used a 12" knife made by the Buck knife manufacturing company. Would you design legislation to ban 12" buck knives? Or would design legislation for all 12" knives?

This is what we are seeing here.

The knife argument again ? come on.Can somebody go into a crowded public place with a knife and kill as many as he could with a semi-automatic rifle ? 

Ahem.....

France is a perfect example how your reasoning fails.

Last I heard France banned all weapons yet has had recent mass shootings that eclipse the USA mass shooting death tolls. 

Explain how a country with strict laws banning all weapons could ever have this happen? Full Auto weapons too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/November_2015_Paris_attacks

My reasoning has never been to ban all guns.If you can find where i stated that show it to me.See Australian gun laws and results for an answer.