It's hard to teach bravery. Best you can do is teach good skills and practice to maintain confidence.

Possibly he was not allowed to re-enter a school building once outside or if outside? I don't know but exceptions lead to new procedures.

• Replies 28k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

Two thoughts on this.

1. The girl is grateful and a grateful child is a respectful child of n my experience.

2. Who but an anti wouldn’t cry over a fucking Beretta shotgun?

• Like 1

Is she happy because she earned it or just responding to her parents expectations? At 10 does she really want one or is it a taught behavior. If her parents were music teachers she would do the same over a piano. No one grows up wanting a gun, except I did from growing up with 50s westerns Rin Tin Tin, Lone Ranger, Red Ryder, Cisco Kid, Hoppalong Casity, Wanted Dead Or Alive, Bonanza.........

It's hard to teach bravery. Best you can do is teach good skills and practice to maintain confidence.

Possibly he was not allowed to re-enter a school building once outside or if outside? I don't know but exceptions lead to new procedures.

...Browsed county sheriff Scott Israel stated that he should of went in and confronted the shooter.

Article from Aussie land and England...the world knows the name of the officer that did not go into the school. Other articles have police guarding his house.

The man was 54, so still had some years before retirement.

http://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/armed-deputy-who-didnt-stop-florida-school-shooting-thinks-he-did-a-good-job/news-story/6325843f996bfe78600c00ea846feb7c

School resource officer Scot Peterson, who has resigned in disgrace from the Broward County Sheriff’s Office

• Marjory Stoneman Douglas's resource officer Scot Peterson 'never went in' during the massacre 
  • According to a union official, Peterson thinks he did a good job because he called in the location of the shooting and got a description of the attacker  
  • An officer claims Peterson hid behind a cement column during the shooting 
  • Sheriff Scott Israel said he should've gone 'in, addressed the killer, and killed'
  • Israel said Peterson's lack of action made him 'sick to [his] stomach'
  • Peterson received award in 2014 for 'tact and judgment' from City of Parkland
  • The 54-year-old was nominated for Parkland deputy of the year in 2017 
  • Peterson had been told in 2016 about Cruz's Instagram posts about opening fire at a school 

Is she happy because she earned it or just responding to her parents expectations? At 10 does she really want one or is it a taught behavior. If her parents were music teachers she would do the same over a piano. No one grows up wanting a gun, except I did from growing up with 50s westerns Rin Tin Tin, Lone Ranger, Red Ryder, Cisco Kid, Hoppalong Casity, Wanted Dead Or Alive, Bonanza.........

Shit, thanks to these guys, I always wanted a .50 BMG! 

53e5ffe4a2e46f7ff53c6b7d0435f716.jpg

And who didn't want one of these!? I know, you 

331363.jpg

• Like 2

Article from Aussie land and England...the world knows the name of the officer that did not go into the school. Other articles have police guarding his house.

The man was 54, so still had some years before retirement.

http://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/armed-deputy-who-didnt-stop-florida-school-shooting-thinks-he-did-a-good-job/news-story/6325843f996bfe78600c00ea846feb7c

School resource officer Scot Peterson, who has resigned in disgrace from the Broward County Sheriff’s Office

• Marjory Stoneman Douglas's resource officer Scot Peterson 'never went in' during the massacre 
  • According to a union official, Peterson thinks he did a good job because he called in the location of the shooting and got a description of the attacker  
  • An officer claims Peterson hid behind a cement column during the shooting 
  • Sheriff Scott Israel said he should've gone 'in, addressed the killer, and killed'
  • Israel said Peterson's lack of action made him 'sick to [his] stomach'
  • Peterson received award in 2014 for 'tact and judgment' from City of Parkland
  • The 54-year-old was nominated for Parkland deputy of the year in 2017 
  • Peterson had been told in 2016 about Cruz's Instagram posts about opening fire at a school 

This makes me sick. He waited outside the whole duration of the shooting. 

It makes no difference now, but this shit stain sat around neglecting his duty to protect these kids. 

• Like 2

Scot Peterson, same name as the one that killed Lacy Peterson from Modesto? Wow. Like that nominated for deputy of the year. Too many people dropped the ball on this tragedy. FBI, deputy, school, system. Hope we all learn somtin from this tragedy.

• Like 2

Scot Peterson, same name as the one that killed Lacy Peterson from Modesto? Wow. Like that nominated for deputy of the year. Too many people dropped the ball on this tragedy. FBI, deputy, school, system. Hope we all learn somtin from this tragedy.

Nope, as far as most of the public is concerned this is the gun and the nra's fault.

• Like 3

You sure, NPR, Florida School Cop took no action during last weeks fatal shooting, CNN, "Bullets flew for 4 minutes as armed deputy waited outside", USA today, Florida school shooting got 18 calls about Nikolas Cruzs violence, threats and guns" and more....

• Like 2

Neither,somebody already tried this trick some time ago.

Good answer, and correct.

Why is one the sworn enemy of Christ and the root of all evil.. and one is just a rifle? 

It's because one is perceived to LOOK scary.. and for that reason alone should be banned entirely.  Does that make sense to anyone here?

Couple that fact with the stats I posted earlier, and you can see that all the thrash about weapon bans is pure ignorance. 

Sure, no problem with that.

But the kid is 10 Q and there are way more appropriate gifts to give to a 10 year old.

It’s a fucking dumb idea imltho.

I had family heirloom rifles in my possession by that age. GTFOH with that nonsense. 

• Like 2

Can we find common ground to make changes in gun control. 

When there's gun fire inside a building, are police trained to blindly enter and engage the gunman, or does the deputy "failing" to be a hero not fit the gun rights narrative that "only if we could arm teachers"?

We can all say mentally ill people shouldn't have guns, but when the FBI/ATF has confiscated people's gun in the past, how have gun rights activists reacted?

Couple that fact with the stats I posted earlier, and you can see that all the thrash about weapon bans is pure ignorance. 

I'm sick of this pussy foot tap dancing around the subject. Guns are used by all kinds of people to kill other people. Some use stupid rhetoric to ban them, and others use stupid rhetoric to protect them. Most of us what to find regulations to keep us safer, but NRA folk will only accept regulation that protects 2A, so for god sake guys PLEASE tell us how you rationalize that an 18 year old should be able to buy a "sport" carbine.

BTW

*Sport*

Verb:

To amuse oneself or play in a lively, energetic way.
"children often participate in sports at school"

• Like 1

"No one grows up wanting a gun, except I did"

Jesus mike, way to completely contradict yourself.

Q... yes in the 50s I grew up with westerns but by the 60's I was 10 and  was growing out of childhood and childish things like wanting to be a cowboy.

Yeah, and the anti-gunners have blown it way out of proportion already. If there is one thing I've learned from the gun debate, there is no middle ground. 

Bullshit,nothings been blown out of proportion.There is plenty of middle ground.The problem is NO compromise from either of the two sides that are so far apart.I don't think all guns should be banned at all.I also think the gun that seems to have a reputation and history of killing a lot of people quickly isn't a necessity for defending yourself from any threat the average person may encounter.It's a toy that some people like to play with.Nobody's life will change if they can't have that particular gun.Notice i didn't call it an "assault rifle" so i don't offend anybody that thinks it isn't.