Disscontinued -. La/OC meet at Norms Burgers ,Whittier Ca .7:00 pm

This is on a famous old cruise street Whittier Blvd From 1960-85 was the shit ,street racing !police would block side streets .

I can't usually make early meets (EDDIE) ,so lets try a family dinner burger joint- really good food also , again this may attract some US cars also !old cars , Please call if need info .(562)696-5995

We may cruise a couple neat streets and a canyon run near by called Turnbull ,it is about three miles from event , time to be decided .

Directions Take Whittier Blvd east from 605 about three miles on right side .

Address is

Norms Burgers (not Norms Rest. )

14244 Whittier Blvd.

Whittier Ca. 90605

]104_2390.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are going to Speedway races after we go on secret tour of Turnbull canyon and a couple other neat streets , this is on a famous old cruise street Whittier Blvd From 1955-85 was the shit ,street racing !I can't usually make early meets (EDDIE) ,so lets try a family dinner burger joint and a cruise to races at Industry hills for 1st night of meet again this may attract some US cars also ! Please call if need info .(562)696-5995Directions Take Whittier Blvd east from 605 about three miles on right side .Address isNorms Burgers (not Norms Rest. )14244 Whittier Blvd.Whittier Ca. 90605Speedway Info http://www.industryracing.com/schedule.html Go to 8-9-14 This Sat. is AMA week super racing starts at 7:00 pmWe can see how this develops maybe start of something that will last , Family friendly !

We are going to Speedway races after we go on secret tour of Turnbull canyon and a couple other neat streets , this is on a famous old cruise street Whittier Blvd From 1955-85 was the shit ,street racing !I can't usually make early meets (EDDIE) ,so lets try a family dinner burger joint and a cruise to races at Industry hills for 1st night of meet again this may attract some US cars also ! Please call if need info .(562)696-5995Directions Take Whittier Blvd east from 605 about three miles on right side .Address isNorms Burgers (not Norms Rest. )14244 Whittier Blvd.Whittier Ca. 90605Speedway Info http://www.industryracing.com/schedule.html Go to 8-9-14 This Sat. is AMA week super racing starts at 7:00 pmWe can see how this develops maybe start of something that will last , Family friendly !

I got your msg, I might go. I'm working this weekend but it's late enough for me to attend but I need new tires. I'll think about it and make a decision later on this week.

Whittier is not a.street it's actually a Blvd. Cruising on Whittier Blvd in East Los Angeles not in the City of Whittier, just to clarify. it started in the late 70's and lasted for a.few years. Also at about this time we used to breakdance. There was battles at every corner. Then a few years later cruising started back again on Whittier Blvd but in the city of Pico Rivera. It didn't even last a full summer cause the sheriff s where on us and thats when cruising on Whittier Blvd had become a crime and were giving out tickets. That's a little bit of East Los history.

• Like 1

You are not on the same side of the freeway ! American Grafiti was at Bobs Big Boy ,And cars were trailered in in 60s Taylor and Hill race Engines and Stick City hotrod dealer, then 70s it was van and mini trucks VWs and race cars . Anyway show up ! we can argue ,I will say this trivia , Norms Burgers ,on corner of Ocean Veiw and Whittier Blvd ,was called Scotties Burgers and was major hang out in center of cruise strip , maybe next month go a couple laps on old strip ,see what deal was ,but deal was people along sides on street ,and many people just drove laps ,gas was cheap !

Thanks Eddie (Nicoya) well event was a hit nobody showed up so here is my car ,(I went home and drank a beer and passed on AMA races) ,proof that makes it a meet , I guess , come out and check out all you local people , for Sep. meet ,thanks Brad.[url=http://s1183.photobucket.com/user/Alleycatgarage/media/104_2391.jpg.html]104_2391.jpg

Thanks Eddie (Nicoya) well event was a hit nobody showed up so here is my car ,(I went home and drank a beer and passed on AMA races) ,proof that makes it a meet , I guess , come out and check out all you local people , for Sep. meet ,thanks Brad.http://s1183.photobucket.com/user/Alleycatgarage/media/104_2391.jpg.html]104_2391.jpg

Sorry i had to work but don't feel bad this month at OC Datsun meet i was by my self for a long time and then one datto show up
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey all response has been pretty good from USDM cars (old cars )I posted a sign a near by Napa Auto Parts ,be a part of rebirth of a cruise night ! any old cars ,VWs are coming even a BMW 2002 or two , maybe a 32 Ford ,my buddies Nova vert. , maybe a run later on some nice streets and Turnbull Canyon .

Where is Cleopatra ?

Too much heat here on Sat. was 100 + here in the day ,kept people away , anyway we had a meet ,all three of us ,Eddie (Nicoya) and my friend Limey Steve and his family ,his son also has clean 2002 did not show ,Next month will try and get word out , maybe even cruise with a group ! 100_2497.jpg] 100_2495.jpg[url=http://s1183.photobucket.com/user/Alleycatgarage/media/100_2494.jpg.html]100_2494.jpg

Too much heat here on Sat. was 100 + here in the day ,kept people away , anyway we had a meet ,all three of us ,Eddie (Nicoya) and my friend Limey Steve and his family ,his son also has clean 2002 did not show ,Next month will try and get word out , maybe even cruise with a group ! 100_2497.jpg] 100_2495.jpg[url=http://s1183.photobucket.com/user/Alleycatgarage/media/100_2494.jpg.html]100_2494.jpg

This coming Saturday IE is having there datsun meet, trying to get people together from LA and OC to come out with me and some frineds maybe you guys can join as well