L20b questions

Andres131313

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Safe... 1mm... that's an 87mm piston. 2mm (89mm) is possible but the risk goes up. There are no 87mm L series pistons, only 1mm oversize. (86mm)

With a Z22 crank you can run 87mm pistons. Makes your L20 B into a 2.2 liter stroker engine with 9.82 compression.

If you have a Z22 block just bore it 1mm to 89 and run KA24E or Z24 pistons for a 2.3 liter big bore stroker. Use everything else off your L20B... pan. mounts. head, manifolds, timing cover etc.

• Like 1

Andres.....focus, young Padawan......let's get that leak you're chasing fixed and get your 20' running perfect. Don't let sparkly visions of bigger motors and HP distract you from your immediate situation :D.......PLUS, you have very little wiggle room in modifying that current Fo-Doh since the smog police will demand a visit every other year..lol.

Seriously.....you are close to solving your running probs so get to wrench'n :D :D

--Ray

• 1 month later...

Hey just wanted you guys to have an update. The engine now has 200 miles and a lot of hours just idling. I did a compression test today. In order from 1 to 4: 152,152,155,152. I do have several oil leaks and I think/ hope it's from the pan. It's in the back. I see oil dripping from the plate between the engine and transmission. There's another 1 or 2 that I can't find. One is by the oil pump, the other is on the passenger side of the engine. It might just be dripping down to the pump but I don't know. Any ideas on how to find it? I've tried looking while it's running but I can't see anything. Thanks for the help again.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So when I was driving back from a meet I had to go over the san raf bridge and I floored it. Got to 100 then slowed down. I did this 2 times with out a problem. Now when I try to get past 80-85 it feels like it stalls for a few seconds then goes back then stalls this happens till I let go of the gas. It also happens when I'm going up hills on hwy 1 at 65-75. It's a new carb, new plugs, 91 gas. I can't figure it out

• 1 month later...

I've heard Andrea has been thinking about me a lot lately. 

Andre-I'm going to get a few stickers made. A sign of our brotherhood. Yours for cost, plus postage. 

Just a symbol of our togetherness. 

fc1_zpsb9fkm3qc.png

Nice, in ford font too

• Like 3