L20b questions

Andres131313

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

So I put the carb on and hooked up some vacuum hoses to just see if it would run. By the way it did on the first try. But that was after I had to pour fuel in to keep it running. I kept it running for 30 mins till I ran out of gas in my bottle. i can see gas through the sight glass but not the ventures. I don't know why it's not working. Any ideas?

Andres, you can go back and change any spelling or text by selecting the EDIT button under your post rather than a supplementary post about it.

Cheap is getting in the bowl but not the ventures.

You might want to edit this line as well.

Turn the auto correct off. Spelled wrong is better than the wrong word.

The fuel is sucked into the carb by the in rushing air. Likely the primary jet is clogged with sediment. Time to rebuild it or at least take apart and clean it out. Check a few things. When done replace the fuel filter to prevent this. Cut the old filter open and have a look at the contents.

• 4 weeks later...

i rebuilt the carb again, idle passages are all clear, fuel is at the right level in the bowl,and every vacuum line is attached. I tried to time the engine with my light and i got it to 13ish before tdc and the engine was as low as i could get it to go using the main jet. now the engine will only run when the clutch or not in gear. as soon as i let out the clutch she fires throught the carb and is close to dying. i have no idea why the carb is not working. any ideas?

Plug order is 1342 in a counter clockwise direction on the distributor cap. Usually 2 and 3 are swapped.

Check valve lash. Should be around 0.012" when valve closed.

If these are good, turn the timing down and see if it runs better.

I know the firing order is right. (Never making that mistake again. Couldn't hear for a few hours) the valves I know I just did and I got the intake at .01 and the exhaust at .012. I'll see about the timing. The idel jets won't work and i can't figure it out. Will a weber carb pass smog in California?

New problem. Idle circuit works now. I also changed the advanced the distributer till it no longer backfired. The problem now is that the idle is very high. Guessing around 2,000. The throtal screw is out almost all the way. When it first starts the engine is around 600 but once I step on the gas the idle becomes higher. Any ideas?