L20b questions

Andres131313

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

most gauages the fuel and temp gauge will go thu a volt reg/temp comp can in back of the instrument cluster.

if both fuel and temp are off that then its the volt reg in instrument cluster.

one can clean the contacts at sender and at wire also.

if one works then steer towards the side that is bad. not that the gauge its self is bad also.

I have had no proplem with all my datsuns ecept my yellow car which was a early 69 and went to a later instrument panel and wire harness. notice it runs a hotter and runs out of gas while gauge still reads so I thinks its in there thats the issue. so I just fill up at 1/4 tank on that one

Does it matter is the egr is for an automatic transmission? Because I can't fine a manual one. Also the pipe that runs from the exhaust to the carb broke. I don't know what it's called or where to get one.

No EGRs are the same. You don't need an EGR to be working just not leaking when it's turned off.

The pipe from the exhaust to the air filter is the 'stove pipe' and moves warmed air. Not essential for running. Fix later.

The pipe pictured above is the EGR tube and goes to the intake manifold, not the carb. The EGR can be tested by sucking on the rubber hose going to it. You will be able to feel the pin up inside it lift up with your finger.

I don't know what that pipe is officially called (EGR tube, is what it is) but it's a dealer-only part if not NLA.  Parts stores won't have it.   You'll have to source it from a junkyard unless someone on here has one lying around.   They're somewhat year specific, but I think any 78-79 L20B will be the same pipe.

Depends on the parts manager and how much he cares. You could ask them to contact other dealers and see if they have one gathering dust on a shelf out back and want to get it off their inventory.

Wrecking yard then.