king pin bushing

I am redoing my kingpins on my 620 first one no problems.  Second the upper bushing after installation the pin just slides in the bottom no.  So i got another bushing to squeeze in there the same thing.  So the machine shop wont ream it for me it because the upper is loose. so does that mean I got a bad spindle or do I try a 3rd bushing? 

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I changed mine in my 521 twice!

Because pressing the 'soft' brass bushings in would squash the inner diameter they are pressed in and then reamed to fit the pin. They should be slightly undersize to begin with. 

i

I changed mine in my 521 twice!

Because pressing the 'soft' brass bushings in would squash the inner diameter they are pressed in and then reamed to fit the pin. They should be slightly undersize to begin with. 

I know the first one I did went just fine, this one's a pain im trying to get my other one apart now.  The upper bushing on the spindle I was going to use the pin was to loose after I would press the bushing in.