Got my high-steer 4x4 econoline project back!!!!!

I regretfully sold this back in 2012 and the guy knew i was upset about the neglect it recieved afterwards.  He moved out of the area and told me to go get my van.  He never even transfered it into his name but i filed a release of liability so now i have some back fees and BS paperwork to deal with.  time to figure out how much it's gonna cost and than decide if it;s gonna be parts instead.... only 60,000 miles on engine trans and front axle..... hmmmmmm........

20140801_231914.jpg

notice he never even cleaned the window paint off from when i was selling it....

• Like 2
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

86 ford econoline efi 302 c6 np205 9 inch rear dana 44 front chevy flat tops crossover high steer 17 inch rims with metric 35's... needs rear geared to 4.11 (or front geared to 3.50 puke) and a front driveline made  parted out a smoger quadravan but converted to leafs up front(there were 37 bushings to maintain on the original coil set up)

• Like 1

Looks like i might have have found a home for it.    A good friend of mine might be taking the rolling chassis in trade for some fab work.  We are talking about swapping the 2.3 in my truck for the 5.0 from the van and building the cage while the cab is off.  He plans to part out a 16v cummins dodge and swap that into the van.  still in planning stages but he is willing to pay the $318 in back fees that i can't afford at the moment and i get a motor with fewer miles that i actually built myself  :-)  I will still take some pics tonight and post them just for the hell of it

If I didn't have to smog it... I would probably keep it.  So much could be done to the engine to get better gas mileage but than it wouldn't pass CA smog inspection.  I would love to throw some headers a cam  a MS3 edis mass air and sequential injection instead of bank fire.  So my friend with the fab shop really likes the deal we are talking about... but we talked about it more today and there is now a back up plan if his wife says no.   I might pursue the possibility of a trade for a 4 door pre 1976....   anyone in the "free" states of this nation want to make a deal? :w00t:  My wife no longer has a car and she doesn't want to drive this beast again :blush:   

• 2 weeks later...

Nobody has bought this thing.  only trying to get $1500 for it.  I can get more than that parted out (and easier to sell)  So  I'm selling the wheels and tires(17's with 35's), the dana 44 with chevy flat top knuckles 4.10 gears,  EFI 302, c6 and np 205 t case.  Might sell the 9 inch but those don't seem to be in much demand, so I may just keep it. Make an offer on these parts I'f you want any of them.  Proceeds go towards more parts for my Datsun(neighbor still wont sell me his 320.... I'll wave some cash in his face maybe?)

It is now tagged until december.   DMV wanted the same $$ to junk it as it would cost to pay the registration so I bit the bullet and it is now on the road again.   It is still for sale but it will be an easy transfer now that the paperwork is all sorted out(smog was still good because it technically never changed hands)  So me and the Wife are thinking about driving up to oregon this weekend for our anniversary and see if it sells up there(no smog bullshit)  I don't care if I have to be tick on a grey dog to get home, I just want this thing gone lol   one thing is for sure......it can't get out of it's own way like the 521 can lmao  little truck got me spoiled for sure