blinker toggle switch?

stormsinger54

ok i have had some recent problems with my blinkers and during troubleshooting i broke the plastic piece that held the brake light and blinker contacts together....im wondering if anyone has used the ebay replacements for the entire switch assembly with the horn and all with a boss steering wheel adapter????im looking at changing the wheel soon but i need my lights to get my baby registered and dont want to buy a useless part!if not im also wondering if anyone has ran a switch system for all systems like wire the brakes to work off of the pedal but have some sort of switch system with flasher relay instead of using the original assembly??if you have rigged ur blinkers at all please chime in because this whole system confuses me lol....here is a pic of what i broke and my original problem

https://www.flickr.com/photos/125749138@N04/14778451325/

i just dont understand why i couldnt manually make my blinkers work by touching the contacts together manually i could get my hazards to work...i could also get both brake lights to work...and i could get my left blinker to blink..so i copied that action to the opposite side of the switch and the light would just stay illuminated and not flash....i understood how the switch worked and checked all my soldered connections and nothing seemed out of place!! any clue guys??

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 620 uses the same bulbs for the brake light and the turn signal. The turn signal arm when turned to the (right) first disconnects the brake light to that side then connects the flasher to it. If you add a manual toggle switch it will flash both sides and stop flashing when the brakes are applied. You would have to have a switch to turn the brake light off and another to turn the flasher on. This is a retarted way to do things. 

Place an ad in the classifieds for one. Specify '75-'77 as there are three distinct types. Yours will have a 6 wire plug and a single Blue wire with a female connector on it The '73-'74 and the '78-'79 will not work on your truck

• 2 weeks later...

this is what i purchased...wrong item i know but has anyone wired one of these and succesfully got it to work ive tried guessing and connecting wires for about 2 hours with no luck...when guessing wires can i not just take the brake light wire and touch it to wires inside my harness and hope one works and eliminate them like that?is there some kind of circuit where i need per say all blinker and brake light wires hooked up for a single system to work? it also looks as if my new switch has 3 wires out of 7 for just the high beam and headlights...however my stock switch has 6 wires coming from just the blinker assy...any clue on what i have going on?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DATSUN-NISSAN-J15-1500-620-PICKUP-TRUCK-UTE-BLINKER-SWITCH-TURN-/311034160275?vxp=mtr