Relocating the Batttery to Under the Bed

orangie

I couldn't find anybody who did this, but I remember seeing a thread started a while back with no replies.  Anybody relocate the batter to under the bed?  There's a lot of room in front of the gas tank or behind the driver.  The only problem with the driver side is keeping it away from the exhaust. 

I was thinking of making one of the lower side panels either removable or hinged to give access.  Know of anybody who has done this?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not a box INSIDE the bed? Sounds like a lot of work to put it under the bed. Let alone splashing of water, road salt, dirt, mud, and whatever else road throws at it. And the fact it is a pain to get to means it will NEVER see any maintenance.

Ha! Maintenance today just means keeping the terminals tight and corrosion free.

There are plastic battery boxes for trailers. Probably cooler under the bed than under hood temps in the summer. Removing weight from the front and placing lower and to the rear is a fine idea.

I'm trying to make room for a water to air intercooler. 

I live in a desert.  Not much in the way of water, mud and salt.  I've seen boxes that were designed to be dropped down or I may opt for a removable side panel.  I was hoping somebody else had a pic to get ideas from.