Long 'Shank' Floater Lugs for Turbines

does anyone know where I can get long 'shank' style floating wheel lugs? Similar to those on the Mk in the pic below but those would be regular taper lugs like these - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/like/181231248852?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=107

They may not be available and I'll just have to change all 24 studs on my 520... :( 

1011364_573968855986738_1606748425_n.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you mean this style lug nut:

306-5080-4.jpg

But in a floater style with a free spinning contact point?

I don't think they make such a lug nut.  That would mean the entire shank would spin leaving little material to actually hold the rim in place safely.

If this isn't the style lug you mean then I apologize for cluttering the thread.  When I think of old style Turbine rims, I go to the old style "mag" lugs like the one in the picture.

Edit: thought I throw in a pic of what I think Rick-Rat was talking about:

306-5002-O-4.jpg

• Like 1

yeah I knew it would be a long shot. 

Don't know the exact depth just yet as the front end has been upgraded using a Narvara D21 hub. Definitely not looking for open end lugs. Problem is, these Turbines have a tapered 'crush' washer that sits in the holes. Some have been painted over which is a real shame but the studs I have don't have the depth for these wheels - there looks to be enough space to get shanks fitted to ensure getting enough meat to turn down on.... I think to get these wide arse wheels on I'll have to get new longer studs made up..... 

photo115.jpg

Man I just went through this same thing! The problem I had was the diameter of the lug hole on mine is 5/8" and the only lug nuts I could find were for 13/16". I found  these guys, www.akhwheels.com, email them and tell them what you need. They take a min to get back to you but they'll have what you're lookin for.