77 b210 electrical limited power to fuse box with switch on

Well, thanks in advance to finding people who know. Car has been sitting for seven years.

My ignition has power from all outlet pins, when turned on. Checked fuse link from battery, has power. Fuse box has limited power

.......Switch on------

Power Yes and No

• Blue-yes,  G/W-yes,  Blue/R-no,  W/Blue -no
  • Thick W - yes,   Thick W/B - no
  • Blue/W - yes, G/B - no, R/W - no, Black/W - no
  • Thick blue - yes, Green - no, Thick Red - no,  Blue - no
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There will be at least one and maybe two fusible links at the battery. Everything but the starter goes through them.

There will be power to the ignition switch at all times. Ignition ON will direct power to some of the fuses in the fuse box such as the wipers, heater, signals, radio, gauges.

There will be constant power to all the other fuses in the fuse box such as the headlights, interior lights, clock, brake lights, horn.

The wires you have listed may be fine with or without power, I don't know. You aren't saying you have a problem only that some fuses have power and some do not. It might be easier to say what isn't working on your B.

I would say replace ALL your fuses first and clean the clips that hold them. Never trust a fuse by looking at it, they are cheap and not to be trusted.  Replace, and see where you are after that.

There will be at least one and maybe two fusible links at the battery. Everything but the starter goes through them.

Mine has only one and current through it is good, as I checked it at the lower output.

There will be power to the ignition switch at all times. Ignition ON will direct power to some of the fuses in the fuse box such as the wipers, heater, signals, radio, gauges.

None of these work, I checked the output from the ignition switch and they all are good.

There will be constant power to all the other fuses in the fuse box such as the

headlights, interior lights, clock, brake lights, horn.

These all work.

The wires you have listed may be fine with or without power, I don't know. You aren't saying you have a problem only that some fuses have power and some do not. It might be easier to say what isn't working on your B.

Dash guages, windshield wipers, blower fan, turn signals, marker lights, don't work unless I hotwire the fuse box directly at each connection to each fuse. all fuses are good.

I would say replace ALL your fuses first and clean the clips that hold them. Never trust a fuse by looking at it, they are cheap and not to be trusted.  Replace, and see where you are after that.

Bold words above are my reply to your speedy informative reply. Somewhere between the ignition switch and the wires coming into the fuse box, there is a breakdown.

All fuses are good...

Yes, but did you replace them? They are not to be trusted unless new.

Somewhere between the ignition switch and the wires coming into the fuse box, there is a breakdown.

I don't know the B-210 ignition switch but one of the wires will have power when the switch is turned to ON and no power in the OFF position. Find this wire first and get the color of the wire. Find that wire on the fuse box and check it for power in the ON position.