Datsun t-shirt ideas

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't find it offensive in any way shape of form, and i'm not scared of much, but i wouldn't wear one saying that.

I for sure get and respect that.

I'm American by nationality, Chinese by ethnicity. I identify strongly with Chinese traditions and customs, but have almost zero identification with Chinese history-- past or present.

The motivation with that quote was because I wanted the badge to be ironic-- aesthetically, unmistakably vintage American, and yet contain a goofy, goofy slogan by a Japanese company that really emphasizes the age of these cars -- you would never see a slogan now like that.

• Like 2

I for sure get and respect that.

I'm American by nationality, Chinese by ethnicity. I identify strongly with Chinese traditions and customs, but have almost zero identification with Chinese history-- past or present.

The motivation with that quote was because I wanted the badge to be ironic-- aesthetically, unmistakably vintage American, and yet contain a goofy, goofy slogan by a Japanese company that really emphasizes the age of these cars -- you would never see a slogan now like that.

This makes sense, and makes me like the design, even more. Good work!

http://www.thewandereronline.com/2013/07/03/why-one-should-never-use-the-japanese-rising-sun-flag-by-dongwoo-kim/

The Rising Sun flag was the symbol of the Empire of Japan during late 19th and early 20th centuries. 

Japan had industrialized much earlier than the rest of Asia, and developed a formidable military force with the goal of forming a grand empire. 

Behind this goal, there was the belief that the Japanese were racially superior to other Asian ethnic groups, as their society had moved “beyond Asia” much earlier than others. 

For instance, the Japanese colonial administration lured young women in Korea and China with promises of education and good jobs — and turned them into “comfort women,” which is a euphemism for sex slaves for the Japanese army officers.

they were compared to nazi's in the article 

Hi all,

I've been playing around a bit with trying to make a cool goon graphic to be used on some sort of screen print, probably t-shirts. Eventually I want to get into diy screen printing and crank out a bunch of posters. Anyway, I would be interested in selling shirts you all shirts with this or a similar graphic.

Any thoughts on text? I've been playing around with just DATSUN, GOON, and SWAGON. I think swagon is hilarious, but it's definitely not for everybody.

I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

Eric

original_zps6ea09087.jpg

Shut up and take my money.

Ok-- I'll come back with a few ideas on the stylized wagon above.

RatVonDude's suggestion to just do the Datsun logo made me want to do a fun spin on the logo... I read that "The rising sun as the flag and Datsun as the car of choice" was actually a Datsun slogan at some point?

logoDistress_zps0336a2f3.jpg

Does anyone own this logo or mind if I use it? Text would change, but use the basic? Would be for annual  Datsun Roadster Show in Watkins Glen NY, non profit and if you own the design, you get a shirt.

thanks

so was there ever going to be a way to buy any of these or what? I got a little play money this check

Sorry I've been entertaining out of town friends for like the past week haha haven't had a chance to do this yet but will soon. It will have the same logo but I'll probably remove the rising sun part and keep the bottom...

Does anyone own this logo or mind if I use it? Text would change, but use the basic? Would be for annual  Datsun Roadster Show in Watkins Glen NY, non profit and if you own the design, you get a shirt.

thanks

I own it. Responded in PM