510 LCA pivot bolt compatibility

I know that the front cross member changed from the 69s to later models, but did the lca pivot bolts change?

I'm trying to fix my 72 wagon (which took a hit to my driver wheel) and I think the bolt bent some. I lucked out here on the East coast and found a 4 door, but she is a 69.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you just answer your own question?

I know they are tapered because I've had mine out before. That does not mean I know of they are the same or compatible with 69 model bolts. Since the xmember is different and I've read that the Lca ' s are different, at least in the bushing.

What I still don't know, is what I asked. If 69 pivot bolts will work in 72 xmembers/lca.

So, thanks for your assistance.

The traverse link bolts up to April '69 are unique to those years. I can't find any reference to them working in later cars, sorry

The traverse link bolts from May '69 through June '71 are unique to those years.

This doesn't help but '72 and on 510  are the same as the B-210, 610/710 and S10 (200sx) traverse link bolts.

Datmo(user name) is parting out a 68.

See what he's got for you.

Maybe the bushings are the same OD, so you might be able to use late bushings, bolts, and LCAs.

And Matt...shut up.

No, cause you didn't answer my question :P  It's not just a normal bolt...

• Like 1

I have seen physical differences on the pivot bolts as to how the outer flat washer (under the nut that holds the LCA on) is captivated to keep it from rotating.

Some have a keyway in the bolt with a tab on the ID of the washer that slots into it. Others have a flat on the bolt and a corresponding flat on the washer ID. Not sure which year is which.