72 510 4 door with ka24e driveline help

jeph

ive tried searching but unable to locate the length of a driveline for a 510 4 door with a ka24e swap.

i want to have one made but the car is getting painted and is stripped but i want to have one made ahead of time so im trying to find the measurements from someone elses driveline with the same car and swap.

any info would help thanks!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The engine does not determine driveshaft length. The transmission used does. You will have to identify what 5 speed you are going to use.... 240sx (S13/14)? 720? or D-21 Hardbody or something else?

If it's a 71B then I can give you something. Anything else you would be wise to mount engine and transmission and measure back to the differential. Ten people measure the transmission length and you get ten different answers. Too many variables to allow someone to say: cut to X length. It's your expensively shortened drive line.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

anyone have an idea of the length? i still havent found the specs. i have a friend with a few modded driveline's from his previous 510's but not sure which is right length.

and not able to put the swap in to test because the car will be in paint for a month

It's longer than the zx 5 speed (31.5") but it's hard to be exact. Place a straight edge across the output and up as high as the front of the bell. Tape measure back from the bell horizontally to the straight edge. 33"??

Do not use this for drive shaft length calculations. Instal and measure. And remove the dust shield if it has one.

YOU HAVE TO INSTALL AND MEASURE!

yeah looks like thats what im going to have to do, just figured since over thousand people done this exact swap that they might have the reciept from their 300$ driveline layin around that says the length lol.