510 tc rod set up

I was taking a look at my front suspension before going to AutoX to make sure everything was looking safe. My car has t3 adjustable tc rods and the previous owner has them adjusted all the way in. Pulling the lca as far forward as it can. My question is what is the advantage of this? I was thinking it would give the car more caster. But along with that I feel like it would mess with the geometry. I just want to hear your guys 2 cents.

Thanks

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

positive castor helps with the car staying in the lane without continuous steering input it will also help the car zero the steering faster. Someone correct me if I am worn but thats what I have found over the years. I run about 3 degrees positive on my car.(plus the wheels look better when pulled forward in the wheel well)

positive castor helps with the car staying in the lane without continuous steering input it will also help the car zero the steering faster.

True is does. The correct caster is set at the factory and is designed into the LCA and how it is mounted on the engine crossmmember. The tension rod merely supports the outer end forming a very stiff triangle with the cross member and the body. It does not set the caster. True the caster can be altered but remember you are forcing the wheel end of the LCA forward against the mountings and bushings on the crossmember end.

My car had stock lca and the bushings were at a really bad angle and very bad shape. Luckly I just pulled the front apart to install my t3 adjustable lca. I have no idea why the previous owner had it set up like that..

where do they need to be welded?? I have it all apart and can do it before I put it back together. Would be a real day killer at the next autox if i ripped those out..

• 3 weeks later...