510 Front Brake Kit

nickel&dime

I am finishing up my ka swap on my goon. And have been thinking about brakes. I been searching for 280zx struts and brakes but they seem like they are hard to find, and if I do find one they are saving it for someone.

Are there any front brake kits available for stock 510 struts? I seen some on eBay in the past but they are nla.

Something less than $800

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I found that driving the speed limit shows that my brakes are fine and the cost is Zero

But what fun is that?

Seriously though, if replacement parts were readily available I probably would have just stuck with my stock setup. As it was, one of my pistons froze and my calipers were a little pitted. I had another set and they were pitted as well and you just can't get full calipers any more so I went with the 280ZX upgrade. Even rotors are hard to find now - you have to hope you can find a used one with enough meat on it to be usable.

To the OP - Row52 shows an '81 ZX at the San Jose PnP but it's been there since 05/20 so it's hard to say whether the struts are still there. There's an '83 at the Windsor PnP that hasn't been there as long (07/02) but I'm not sure how far that is from where you're located.