71 521 something

earlyvws

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Meet with Troy this morning. And basically I have a set of carbs that he has never seen before. There is different casting around the throttle shaft that prevents his linkage kit from working. So he gave me a bunch of advice and going to machine the area so the linkage works.

I have to say Troy Ermish is one if the best one man shop business owners I have meet. I have dealt with a lot. He answers the phone every time I have called him, gives great info and advice and he took time out of his busy schedule to look at my problem.

I would highly recommend him to everyone. I'm guessing most of you already know this. But it is worth repeating.

• Like 1

Yeah, I haven't dealt with Troy, but it sounds like he is awesome if you're an actual buyer, but he's not in business to give out free advice/consultation (and no one should blame him!).

He has given me a lot of advice with both that shit box 2.3 from Datsun parts llc and with my FJ20. I wish he was here down south,I would have his babies never mind I look pregnant already.lol

Man I didn't make it to the finish line this weekend. The list of things to do was just too long. The wiring is driving me crazy. There are so many wires that are nog the right color, and as far as I can tell came that way. They don't even match my other truck. I think I got it figured out but won't know till I finish more wires to complete the circuit.

So there are so many little things taking up time so I didn't get any pics. But I did take a pic of this thing I machined so my crappy aftermarket water gauge could work. I first bought the one from summit that is nice but the hole was way to small.

0CA9CBB6-14BF-4873-AB15-9087A138D7E6.jpg

With the wife gone probably not going to get a lot done during the week. So goal now is have this running by the end of next weekend.

Woke up late for work today. Get there and find out my in laws decided this year we are closed. Before everyone tells me it's labour day, my in laws think labour day means that is when all the workers work for free for their bosses. I think it got lost in translation from English to Chinese.

So I get a lot more time I wasn't expecting. Let's see what I can do today!