• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Took the fenders off, every single bolt broke and are stuck now :sleep:

image_zpseb1bc367.jpg

image_zps89cf8c5a.jpg

A pic of my brothers e30 and friends skyline drifter , before I started taking fenders off

image_zpsa48026ba.jpg

And with a bunch of cars parked everywhere in front

image_zps8fcba55d.jpg

Hopefully you can get those bolts on the fender out.  On my truck the PO decided to weld the fenders on.

• Like 1

Drove mine in town for some errands...brake pedal went to the floor! Found the rear reservoir was empty...Stopped by Pep Boys and refilled with fluid. Pumped back up solid by the time I drove home. Further inspection found my right front hose has a small leak at the crimp. I replaced the wheel cylinder because in was leaking earlier didnt notice the hose. Replacing all hoses now....

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Starting to tinker with stereo stuff.... Made a small enclosure for a 8" sub behind the seat.....

DSC_4787_zpsda2129d5.jpg

Also started making small spearker pods for under the dash. Dont want to cut any holes anywhere. So trying other ideas

DSC_4781_zpsad11e564.jpg

DSC_4782_zps9f62c391.jpg

Driver side....
DSC_4785_zps0e5f6978.jpg

Passenger side.....

DSC_4784_zpsbd49aa43.jpg

Trying to figure out a decent option for stereo mounting. Have the stock AM radio installed the hole. And would like to keep it there. Also not wanting to spend $100 on a center console. Unless someone has one for cheaper. Does not have to be perfect. Im happy to spit and polish parts up. None the less, take care and thanks for looking!

• Like 1

Ordered wheel adapter so i can get rid of what feels like a wagon wheel that is my steering wheel. At 6'3" its a little cramped. I have a standard Grant in my Jeep i will recycle for the truck. Also have a couple side mirrors on the way. Swap out the giant one's that are on there currently. While i like how easy it is to see behind me. I need something a little cleaner.

Been sanding and painting as well. Getting there, a little at a time. Ive found a few pin holes. And some decent sized holes in the doors. Other than that no major rust to speak of. Not counting floor pans of course. But the Mrs's has given the OK to buy a MIG set up. So ill be able to get all that type of stuff fixed here soon enough. Here's a pic

DSC_4793_zps617471ad.jpg

I have some stock wheels and hub caps i painted up. I like them better but they do not fill out the wheel wells like these do. Need some spacers in the future so i can run them. Or lower it some more. But im already on 3" blocks and turned all the way down. And i kind of like the ride height its at now. Not too low.  

Still on the hunt for center console as well. So i can get some tunes going. May be a guy kinda local that has one. But have not heard back from him yet. So if anyone has one they would want to part with? Shipping to 98368. Thanks have a great one!

In the last few weeks painted and installed recently dipped and repaired fuel tank, ran new fuel line, reinstalled, radiator, alternator, starter, distributor, new slave cylinder( thanks Al), coolant, tranny fluid, oil filter/oil, gas, bleed the clutch, wired up everything and turned the key for the first time in 9 months........fuck I need a carb kit. To lean.

• Like 1

Replaced the accelerator fuel pump and put in a new fuel filter. Messed around with the idle adjustment screw and got it to idle, it revving a little high and I need to adjust the timing some more but...its idling.

Edit: <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nq4WQpgKkss"frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

that is an embedded link from youtube but its not showing the video, wtf?

• Like 2

I finally painted my header with high temp. ceramic paint and I'm starting to put everything back on.

datsunheaderpainted_zps0b20c8e7.jpg

Decided to replace the original bolts and studs with some InoX stainless studs off of Ebay from Jon's Auto Shack. 

IMG_5513_zps8d4c333a.jpg

IMG_5512_zps62897ba4.jpg

Once I get this thing running I will probably pull the engine to do a thorough cleaning of it and the engine bay. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Removed drive shaft, new u joints and carrier bearing, new diff pinion seal,new diff fluid, cleaned axle vent, new rear brake shoes, new brake hoses, adjusted and bled brakes and adjusted parking brake, changed tranny fluid, rotated tires, new center link, tie rod ends, idler arm, front shocks, Installed halogen headlights with daytime running lights, Installed GM rear view mirror with temp gauge and compass, Repainted front grille,  New upper and lower radiator hoses and flushed system, New window felts and squeegees, New inside door handles, also added fatmat inside the doors. All this before 10 AM!...Ha!!  Next is the interior remod...found the heater hose is leaking...drat!  By the time I'm finished Id be better off removing the radiator cap and driving another truck under it!

• Like 2

Removed drive shaft, new u joints and carrier bearing, new diff pinion seal,new diff fluid, cleaned axle vent, new rear brake shoes, new brake hoses, adjusted and bled brakes and adjusted parking brake, changed tranny fluid, rotated tires, new center link, tie rod ends, idler arm, front shocks, Installed halogen headlights with daytime running lights, Installed GM rear view mirror with temp gauge and compass, Repainted front grille,  New upper and lower radiator hoses and flushed system, New window felts and squeegees, New inside door handles, also added fatmat inside the doors. All this before 10 AM!...Ha!!  Next is the interior remod...found the heater hose is leaking...drat!  By the time I'm finished Id be better off removing the radiator cap and driving another truck under it!

You are getting shit done!

• Like 1