What did you do to your 620 today?

mcordero8

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I saw this cool thread on this site for the 720's and I decided to start one for us with the 620's.

Here's what I did. I lowered my truck by installing 3" lowering blocks and also lowered the front by adjusting the torsion bars.

14538521864_9d0a4be875_b.jpg20140624_183021_resized_1 by mcordero8@sbcglobal.net, on Flickr

14602077726_b1b53934c7_b.jpg20140710_153546_resized by mcordero8@sbcglobal.net, on Flickr

So tell me did you notice much difference in ride after you lowered it? Did you do any other work to the suspension/driveline i.e.: remove bump stops, replace front shocks, single piece drive line, front end alignment??????

If the front was lowered it will need  some toe out added. If you're a do it yourself you can do this with some string.

If the shocks are good leave them, but if soft, that not good on a lowered vehicle. The truck will easily hit the bump stops before the shock bottoms out. If you should ever get it near bottoming out, have new top shock mounts welded in slightly higher. This way you can use the same length shock.

L16 engine?

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

Finally removed intake and exhaust manifold.  Put on an timing chain inspection plate.  Anticipating finding a header and installing my weber carburetor.  Going to clean everything first though.datsunenginedesmog3_zps89f445cd.jpg 

datsunenginedesmog_zps49e4d332.jpg

datsuninspectionplate_zps454facfe.jpg

Cut the rear lowering  blocks down an inch so it lowers 2 inches instead of 3.  Mounted the rear end and checked angle.  It's within a couple of degrees nose down.  I think that will work a little better that way for drag racing.  Good to know you can change the pinion angle by angling the lowering blocks.