What did you do to your 620 today?

mcordero8

Hogie, my body line doesnt match up just like yours. Are your cab mounts rusted throught, the bushings customized or perhaps you repatched them with a flat sheet? Im trying to guess what does that. My ultimate guess is that the cab bushings collapsed but I dont see how that equates to an inch and a half of lost height...

My truck has a frame mounted fule tank and this bed was for a bed mounted fuel tank. The bed is currently resting on the fuel tank and that is why the lines aren't alinged. Im  going to shim the tank down a bit or potentially knotch the bed structure rails then all should be well. You should climb under your truck and figure that shit out

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Drove the truck last night and used the new halogen headlights with my 60 amp alternator....Started screaming like a rookie vampire at a blood bank! Pulled over and figured the v belt had loosened up....Limped home and grabbed the big screwdriver to tension the belt...the whole alternator moved! Looked underneath and both of the lower mounting bolts were gone!  I dont know if I forgot to tighten them when I did the install or they vibrated loose.....anyway new bolts and lock washers and lock nuts. Looks and sounds much better!

• Like 3

Installed the heater lines for the SR20DET engine into the cab and made a hand tubing beader for the coolant lines out of a crimper.  By the PEX fittings can be made to work fine.  You have to go one size up.  If you have a 3/4" hose, use a 1" PEX barb.  It's a tiny bit larger, but the rubber hoses stretch enough.  I would have posted pics, but I got a new computer and haven't figured out how to upload the pictures.  Mac's are different than windows.

Ive been broke, so silly things like cleaning, waxing.....even painting.......

Been working on my front end as well. Yours is looking nice bigboy620! Ive been trying to get mine cleaned up a bit as well. Some elbow grease spread just about everywhere really.....I have the valance. Just need to paint it and put it on.....

DSC_5137_zps3zw6dbqj.jpg

Some elbow grease must have spilled onto the Turbines i got as well......Two more are cleaned up and waiting on paint. I may do the Les  Schwab powder coat. But i wont let them mount shit for me. They plugged a 33" Toyo MT for the other day. Some how gouged my wheels......wtf.....

DSC_5132_zpsmydyyiid.jpg

• Like 2

Starting to tinker with stereo stuff.... Made a small enclosure for a 8" sub behind the seat.....

mall spearker pods for under the dash. Dont want to cut any holes anywhere. So trying other ideas

this is awesome.where are those wood backed speakers attaching to?

Sold it. The saved KC found a new home. The new owner is not yet on Ratsun but wants to build a ratsun style truck. He loves the Patina and plans to clear coat over it. Slam it with some big wheels, etc

Bye bye King Cab

B4EF04E8-667A-4B1D-A65C-A1FF59416CE5_zps

5BA3A68B-4478-40F7-A9E5-22E6FEE28F1A_zps

i tried to get my brother to snag that. he lives in annapolis. pretty sure he thinks my truck is a joke. one day he will become datsunized. it must happen.

this is awesome.where are those wood backed speakers attaching to?

Nothing at the time. And to be honest you could just use cap slips and it would work out much better.

ownTer that's a pretty cheap valance!

Brand new valance can be had for cheap. Sure they are reproductions, but acceptable. Cant wait to get that lip.....maybe. Still not %100 sure i want one.

i tried to get my brother to snag that. he lives in annapolis. pretty sure he thinks my truck is a joke. one day he will become datsunized. it must happen.

New owner got the L20B running. He plans to keep I for now. He is stoked to have this cool ratsun truck.

Rescued it from the hole it's wasted away in for the last several years...

20150406_094533.jpg

And brought it back to my shop to hopefully breathe some life back into it...   :thumbup:

20150409_093122.jpg

Love this tailgate. Might put it on the wall as a decoration and find another one to use when it gets painted...   ^_^

20150409_093114.jpg

• Like 4

Rescued it from the hole it's wasted away in for the last several years...

20150406_094533.jpg

And brought it back to my shop to hopefully breathe some life back into it...   :thumbup:

20150409_093122.jpg

Love this tailgate. Might put it on the wall as a decoration and find another one to use when it gets painted...   ^_^

O

20150409_093114.jpg

Nice save. Love the tail gate too. Great idea. Keep it.

• Like 1

Bled new clutch master cylinder and hydraulic system.  Attempted same with new brake master and found old reservoirs didn't seal with worm clamps. Try to get new clamps tomorrow.

Tomorrow-get new clamps and bleed brake system.  Get bucket seats from salvage yard and install.  Finish putting in tonneau cover(one last bolt!).

• Like 2