KA24 swap Fuel Pressue

Cruzn620

Doing a KA swap and I have a couple of fueling questions. I know I'm going to have to run an in-line fuel pump, seems a lot of people are running 255's but some recommend a 190, though I would think you would want to run a 255 and then regulate it to where it needs to be, which leads me to my next question....on these swaps are you guys running an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator or somehow running through the stock one, one that I would have thought was built into the in-tank fuel pump, but I haven't dug into it far enough to know that.

If I need to buy a fuel pressure regulator, where do I need to set it? 6psi or so? Thanks for all the help. Trying to get all of my parts ordered and all my questions answered first so that everything can go together as smoothly and quickly as possible.  

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IMG_1684%255B1%255D.JPG

stock FPR on the back side of intake with vac. , not sure what the FP is but if you keep/ have the stock one you wont need to worry about it.

unless you want a shiny cool gauge. 

edit: for KA24DE at idle      with vac - 34 psi          

without- 43 psi          

EFI fuel pressure is 30 to 40 PSI. It varies depending on load. You would want a pump that puts out 45-50 PSI and the regulator on the fuel rail will sort it out and return anything unused back to the tank through the return line.

• Like 1

"255 then regulate it to where it needs to be"

255lph means how much fuel it can pump meaning, 255 liters per hour.

"most" not all pumps can produce twice the amount of psi theyre meant for which is regulated by the fpr

by all means a stock regulator will be fine...unless you really want to get mathematical there is a way to determine it all but don't ask me haha

• 3 weeks later...

I been searching for my return line in my 620 so that I can use it for the return for my ka24de. Seems the only line that I can spot goes up to a canister in my passenger rear wheel well. What is this used for?

What should I do about installing a return line? Anyone ran in to this same situation?

You probably have a '74 or older 620? The line to the back is for directing gas fumes from the tank to the charcoal canister at the front to be burned later. Do not use this as a return line.

Instead make your own out of metal tubing and bolt to frame ner the fuel line to the engine. It has to return to the tank somehow. .

Yes, mine is a 74.  So I need to drill in to the tank? and have a rod go all the way down to the bottom of the tank? Then somehow mount the rod with a fixture on the outside end to attach to a return line? once that is done should I leave the canister and those hoses connected even though it will now be fuel injected?