Weather Stripping and Seals?? 77' 620 KC

ADavis_620

Where can you get weather stripping and seals so my 620 can stop flooding and so I can wash it. I have found a few websites but it seems so expensive. 120$ from tokyo, Japan (Nissan Headquarters). Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've bought two windshield gaskets from Route66 on ebay. They have great service & good products. If they don't have anything currently listed just email them & they will get you set up. Really nice people. They don't carry the rear gaskets for the KC.

http://www.vintagerubber.com/620truck.aspx .... they own the die sets for the KC rear window gaskets & make them here in CA. I've bought two rear window gaskets, two sets of KC 1/4 window gaskets & one windshield gasket......  all good stuff & great customer service as well.

EDIT: my door weather stripping I bought from Rock Auto http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carcode,1210149,parttype,1430

To completely weather proof my truck I need door seals, windshield, rear glass and quarter glass seals. Thats it correct? I have windshield, rear glass and quarter glass seals. I just ordered door seals. That should be it... yes?

What you have is the main culprits for leaks & those new gaskets will make it water tight for the most part......... only because there is also inside & outside squeegee rubber & window channel felt. You will have rattly windows if these pieces are badly worn & water could theoretically get in.

where do i get the felt? or will that be with the door seals. my main concern is when i first bought the truck it was raining that day and water was coming in through the doors. i live in Washington and it rains a lot... plus i cant wash the truck if it leaks. I think i should be good. ill post pics of seals and stripping after i install this weekend hopefully. 

This is a cross section of some window run channel I am using in a 521 door.

RunChannelXSection_zps14c1a488.jpg

It is about 9/16 or 5/8 wide, and about a 1/2 inch deep.

It comes from Mygrant Glass, and this is the part number.

RunChannelNumber_zps6b90fa45.jpg

This is what I ueds to glue it in.

WeatherstripAdhesive2_zps805c3bb8.jpg

Even though my weather stripping has these little tacks in them do you suggest the adhesive/glue? 

Even though my weather stripping has these little tacks in them do you suggest the adhesive/glue?

I think Daniel is just showing what he used for the window channel (around tops of door windows, seal the window rolls up into) as I don't think that's a part that is found easily without going universal. I wouldn't glue door seals, just use the tabs.

IMG_20140717_170251_161_zps2d24f1a3.jpg

Is there suppose to be that big of gap or is there suppose to be a weather strip?

IMG_20140717_170301_841_zps25f94a2b.jpg

I tightend the doors today and lifted them up so they didn't sag so much and it seem to help a lot but still a few drops getting inside and inside door panel. Looks like i'm missing a bolt....

IMG_20140717_170312_613_zpsc4a08827.jpg

i'll get a photo tomorrow of what they look like now closed.

No weather stripping. at the cowl & hood.

Yup there should be a bolt in that fender tab. How are the hinges themselves. When you open the door, lift vertically on it. Is there play in the hinge? If so they are shot & as far as I know not rebuildable, get new hinges... hinges are not side specific if you find a good set in the junkyard it doesn't matter if they are passenger or drivers side.

Not quite sure what I'm suppose to see in that last shot. The alignment of the top of door & body looks good to me.  

Is there suppose to be that big of gap or is there suppose to be a weather strip?

I tightend the doors today and lifted them up so they didn't sag so much and it seem to help a lot but still a few drops getting inside and inside door panel. Looks like i'm missing a bolt....

i'll get a photo tomorrow of what they look like now closed.

Also keep in mind these trucks were barely watertight brand new (thats in part why so many have rusted out floors). If you're standing back & blasting your doors with any kind of pressure I'm sure they may still leak. My truck has pieces of weather stripping missing around the doors & it does not leak when parked or driving (wind noise yes) but if I spray it with a hose they leak like a sieve.

No weather stripping. at the cowl & hood.

Yup there should be a bolt in that fender tab. How are the hinges themselves. When you open the door, lift vertically on it. Is there play in the hinge? If so they are shot & as far as I know not rebuildable, get new hinges... hinges are not side specific if you find a good set in the junkyard it doesn't matter if they are passenger or drivers side.

Not quite sure what I'm suppose to see in that last shot. The alignment of the top of door & body looks good to me.  

Also keep in mind these trucks were barely watertight brand new (thats in part why so many have rusted out floors). If you're standing back & blasting your doors with any kind of pressure I'm sure they may still leak. My truck has pieces of weather stripping missing around the doors & it does not leak when parked or driving (wind noise yes) but if I spray it with a hose they leak like a sieve.

Then how do you wash your datsun or just clean up afterwards? Alright thanks for the information i think i got it best as i can for now. In my book it shows a diagram of door and there is a seal screen??