620 factory seat upholstery, how many types?

I have a 620KC it has brown vinyl seats with cloth stripy centres, I'm wondering if that is original or they have been retrimmed. (If so again I wonder if it was an off the shelf item made by a company) Can anyone post up some factory seats, my other two KCs have black vinyl, and tan vinyl, thanks!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How about post what you have?  '79s may have had a cloth middle option on the bucket seats, since there was an uprate interior with cloth door panels that year.  But I haven't seen any intact ones in a long time and don't remember what they look like.  All mine are straight vinyl and are ripped to shreds.

They came in 3 colors- black, beige, and blue.  I've never seen a blue bench seat but doesn't mean they don't exist.

How about post what you have?  '79s may have had a cloth middle option on the bucket seats, since there was an uprate interior with cloth door panels that year.  But I haven't seen any intact ones in a long time and don't remember what they look like.  All mine are straight vinyl and are ripped to shreds.

They came in 3 colors- black, beige, and blue.  I've never seen a blue bench seat but doesn't mean they don't exist.

My 78 has a blue bench seat.

2ab41f57014581ad49de6ce8bd3ea409_zps4920

The seat back is original. The seat bottom has a cover on it.

They made a plaid insert I think in 1977. They also had a Tan/brown. Post a picture and we can tell if its original. Oh, and you cant get any original stamped vinyl in anything but black......I might have some original plaid tho....

kcseat4.jpg

Just had this seat all apart because the bottom squab cover needed washing and there were some broken springs in the base. All repaired now. Seat just looks in too good condition for it to be from 1970s Oregon.

FYI we used a seat frame and foam from a pre '75 120Y B210 and it was identical.