Tired of down shifting cause my dicks in a knot....motor time

jrock4224

here's what i got, l20b blocks and rotating assembly's,z22s pistons, now tell me what to build to go under my a87 rebuilt head!!!  tired of downshifting the l16 and it getting really hot when i go warp speed .....32/36 for now ... but may go su's again or maybe some wierd efi set up at some point.....

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

here's what i got, l20b blocks and rotating assembly's,z22s pistons, now tell me what to build to go under my a87 rebuilt head!!!  tired of downshifting the l16 and it getting really hot when i go warp speed .....32/36 for now ... but may go su's again or maybe some wierd efi set up at some point.....

Not do able with that combination of parts.

L20B block and crank, Z20E rods and pistons = L20B with long rods and flattop pistons and 9.94 compression. (assume A87 is open chamber?)

L20B block bores to 87mm, L20B crank, Z22E (late) rods and pistons. 2.1 liters *close to what you have but need the later pistons and rods*

Z22 block bored to 89mm, Z22 crank and early Z22 or L20B rods, KA24E pistons. 2.3 liters and 9.787 compression.** biggest bang for the buck**

Z22 block bored to 89mm, Z22 crank and early Z22 or L20B rods, KA24E pistons. 2.3 liters and 9.787 compression.** biggest bang for the buck**

Yup......and if you want to run reg gas just throw some Z24 pistons in it.

Negligible HP loss.

They have to be late Z22E from the S110 200sx with a build date of Jan '82 and on.

Pistons.......................... 12010-D8101

Rods............................. 12100-D8101

Rings are the same...... 12033-06W20

• Like 1

I know this one!!!!

Z22E (EFI)
Look on the head near the #1 exhaust side plug. There will be a cylinder head temp sender. This is not the temp gauge sender... it's below the thermostat on the other side. This sender looks similar and is to more accurately inform the Z22E (EFI) engine of the true temp in the combustion chamber to help map out the fuel mix.

See that threaded hole extreme lower left corner? #1 spark plug just above and to the right? That's where the sender goes. This was taken before my digital camera. Z20E and Z22E heads are the same.
headexportmatchingZ22Large.jpg

Z22(S) carb

Does not have the head temp sender but there may be a threaded bolt filling the hole or no hole at all.

Z20Ecyltempsender-1.jpg?t=1405304806

• Like 1