Finally found a house

After lots of misses on houses, and my ex landlord lieing and saying we owed him money (i sent him a email threatening slander since he gave me back my deposit and thsi was the first i heard of owing his pos ass anything) we found a house. He didnt even have the balls to answer the phone for the reference check with these people after i threatened his ass. Anyway this is datsun related because.

66148_10154362145015331_5881315401471083

LOOK AT THAT HUGE AMOUNT OF PARKING!  And the huge spot next to it thats gated so i can tear purple apart, in a covered area and FINALLY start working on her.  The people that own the house are great, and said next year if we wanted we could buy the house, and the property has plenty of room for extending off the house.  Very excited. Now i have a garage for both 510's to sit in, and a covered port for the pathfinder or 610 to sit in.  So to celebrate i bought a theater style sectional that is comfy as hell. 

10455093_10154362145915331_2539536446539

Then drove through red door after toys r us with the 510, and was behind a red z.

10494542_10154361923910331_2792894369350

Awesome day for once, can finally tear apart one 510 thats been needing it.  Can also do a datsun bbq at my place with plenty of parking.  

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yah going to be so happy to be back in vancouver, really hate beaverton.  And kids having their own rooms again, room for my Datsuns and to work on them again, cant wait. We get to move in on the 15th. 

Renting, and they said next year they may decide to sell the house, and if we like it, we can work something out.    Thing is i really like the location, its behind orchards park, so very close to 205, and sr500, so fast highway access. 

• Like 1

If you need help for a day, I volunteer. Also I got a huge pile of furniture blankets, dollies with big castors, hand truck and an appliance truck with ratchet strap and stair slides. Stuffs in storage by 217 x Denny. Also got a 5x8 utility trailer with stake sides that come off and tilt-bed. Stuff is just sitting there... hasn't been touched in months... please use anything you might need. Moving sucks so much, good luck.

• Like 1

Nice! What a pain right now to get a house in my area, stupid investors making it hard on 1st time home buyers

That's no joke. I really lucked out and bought mine when they would hand out a loan to a plate of spaghetti if it asked. It was one of those deals where they REALLY should not have given me the loan for the paperwork I gave them, but they did. I mean, I've never been late on a payment, but on paper it was a bad move on their part. I about fell over with shock when I was approved. 

These days, you can have great credit, a great job and still get turned down. Hell, my ex had an 800 credit score, owns a business, does well, tax returns to prove it and the bank turned her down for a fuckin car loan (a cheap one at that).

Yah were cleaning up our credit scores right now, and once the company is done getting shit off our record, were goign to start looking.  we were told by our banker just clean your credit a bit and you will get approved for 250k home loan.  even though i want to take less than that, i want something we can build the way we want, not one of those cookie cutter houses.  I like 60-80's style houses. 

If you had a written "Lease with option to buy" you would have a great option.  Leasing is with the implied, and in some juristictions, an mandatory warranty of useability and liveability.  This means that any defects you find in the house must be fixed under the lease.  Then, and only then, should you exercise your "buy" option.  Too many people miss out on this chance to avoid unneeded rehabilitation expenses after buying their "lease with option to buy" dwellings.  Most but not all lease with option to buy agreements also allow some portion of the lease payments to be credited towards the downpayment of the buy option.  Good luck, hope this is the house you are willing to live in for the next 30 years!  It looks like a great deal as to space for car maintenance and neighbor non-interferrence!

Yah we get to use the next year to decide and thats if they decide to or not to put it on the market. guys tired of renting it, i guess hes owned the house since 94, but moved into his new wifes place in 06, and rented it since then. Its a decent place, my favorite year of homes, but i would want to add on to the back, extend the master bathroom and bedroom, and bigger kitchen, definatly has the room to extend on the front, and back.  I just love how much parking there is, i could tear 5 cars apart and leave them in pieces LOL

July 26th we will be getting a u-haul, any guys in beaverton area willing to help load up, and anyone in vancouver area willing to help unload?  I will get pizza and beer.  Just need some help for lifting a few heavy things like book shelves and couches and dressers since my back wont allow it.  Be a saturday. 

Renting, and they said next year they may decide to sell the house, and if we like it, we can work something out.    Thing is i really like the location, its behind orchards park, so very close to 205, and sr500, so fast highway access. 

Congrats!  There is nothing like finding a place that feels like a home.

I don't want to rain on the parade, but just wanted to provide some perspective.  Home owners will always be in it for the money or to at least recover their costs.  Not to be an ass, but can you afford to buy now?  If not, I don't know how successful you'll be in a years time.  The landlord may be great, but they'll not float you the mortgage.  They'll want cash (not payments) and you'll need a bank loan.  It's not the landlord that will be the douche but rather the banks.

Where they will be able to work with you, though, is on realtor fees or improvements  For instance, say you negotiated $250k for the place using a realtor.  Assuming 6% realtor fees (both parties), their "take home" would be $235k ($15k in fees).  Now, if it is just you and them negotiating, you could by the place for $235k since realtors are now out of the equation.

Additionally, if you do not care about improvements that "need" to be made to close the deal (i.e., new paint, new carpet, etc.) you would be able to lop off another $10kish.

Self-,managing properties SUCK.  I've been doing it for 5 years and hate it.  Our tenant is fucking awesome, but I hate having to run over there to take care of shit.  It's not the money that is the concern but the time involved.  Also, we lucked out with our tenant.  They've been amazing, taking care of the place better than we did.  We'll probably sell next year when they finally move out.

Well we planned on once our lease was up starting to look for a house to buy, got about 20k put up, but just cleaning up our credit, why i say if we fall in love with the house we may go along with buying it if they want to sell it, otherwise i want something out in the country.  i just like how much space this place has, how much parking, and that i can add on to the house.  

• 2 weeks later...

Is there anyone in beaverton area, around 9ish in the morning, that can help out for a hour or to, just in beaverton? I got someone to help in washington, but i have no help other than my dad in beaverton, and we both have bad backs.  Would really appreciate if someone could.  Who knows maybe ull find a datsun part you need?

Also some pics of the new place with the cars there.

10487334_10154407849275331_6488365529681

10559663_10154407849505331_1728045625351

10551030_10154407849775331_7670946505808

10440704_10154407849615331_6639453048564

• Like 2