77' 620 KC Datsun (New Guy)

ADavis_620

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks!! What wheels do you suggest? Also black or chrome? hvyd

Honestly... to each his own. Love the look of the titan wheels but, they've been done to death. Imo. Polished aluminum always looks good. I've been stuck with my chrome steely pathfinder rims and just can't seem to find something I'd love to replace them with. Black has been done a lot as well. To me, without dropping a ton of money it's hard to come up with something that's different that looks great and hasn't been done a million times over. So, to answer your question, I don't know what to run.

• 1 month later...

Alright been driving the truck for about 2 months now everything has been amazing. I just replaced master cylinder 2 days ago and today driving home from work my truck runs but does not go. Unless I really mash the gas pedal i can get it to move a little but once in second gear it just like locks up and doesn't move. Also if i mash the gas pedal and force it to go it smells terribly. 

Any ideas any help would be greatly appreciated. 

I've hear things like low trans fluid or diff locked.... but that's it.

IMG_20140716_191933_657_zps7ea3a435.jpg

Is this anything i should worry about or can i get to it whenever?

Just the rad coolant recovery bottle. Replace whenever.

Alright been driving the truck for about 2 months now everything has been amazing. I just replaced master cylinder 2 days ago and today driving home from work my truck runs but does not go. Unless I really mash the gas pedal i can get it to move a little but once in second gear it just like locks up and doesn't move. Also if i mash the gas pedal and force it to go it smells terribly. 

Any ideas any help would be greatly appreciated. 

I've hear things like low trans fluid or diff locked.... but that's it.

Before driving you should check all fluids.

Diff fill bung is half way up the back. If you can touch the oil with finger tip it's enough. If you don't know when it was last changed now is the time. Drain bung is on the bottom. Just over 2 US pints of GL-5 80w90 EP gear oil.

The transmission fill bung is half way up the driver's side. Check with finger tip. If you don't know when it was last changed now is the time. Drain bung is on the bottom. Just over 4 US pints of GL-4 (DO NOT USE GL-5!!!) 80w90 EP gear oil.

Raise both rear wheels in neutral and spin driveshaft. If it turns then the diff isn't seized.

Locks up? This implies that you towed it home which I doubt. Was it instead sluggish and difficult to drive in second? Like having the brakes on???? perhaps. Maybe the emergency brake was stuck on and didn't release. Or a brake stuck on. This wouls get extremely hot and smell like a burning clutch if driven any distance..

• Like 1