stock 510 engine bay harness

Hey guys me agein :-D

So im tryin to put the factory engine bay harness back in and its layin in their now and i only was able to hook up the fuse box and the head lights up cause their the only ones besides one box that have their on plugs.

I cant find anything usin google or the search on here that shows which order the wires plug into the little box that attached to the shock tower by the main fuse box on the fire wall and theirs another bigger box on the header side thats a four wire that i cant figure out how it goes. Its all seperet wires. Once thats out of the way i will probobly ask how to figure out alternator, diz, and whatever else is their. Prity sure alternator will be easy but i have no clue with a datsun. If it was honda id be done already.

Is their a link on here or anywhere else that shows wire color and location for the 70 510 l16 wiring???

Really need the help guys......PLEEEEEAAAASSSEEE!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya i dont have the money to spare at the moment and i dont know when my budy can come check it out. Gotta figure this out so i can get other things on the go.

So, not having $29 to spend on the Amazon manual, just how much do you think you will spend before you get your 510 of non specified year or version actually running?

Thank you ggzilla now i know i dont need that. Ill get the next one up today.

And mikeRL411alot of these guys know im tight on money cause weve talked before. The money i do get to spend on the car im trying to put into stuff to get it running and stoping like geting a 83 zx....lots of good parts for me their. And as far as what year my car is if you look at my first post second paragraph to the bottom at the end youll see "70 510 L16" thats prity much it right their. Not to be rude or anything you all rock B-)

I try to help everyone i can wether it pushing a broke car down the road or helpin someone on a forum. Even if i dont know ill search it for them and tell them what i find. I love cars and love seeing people do what i love so i will always go out of my way to help people no matter what. Theirs a reason all my friends call me honda guy....ive had tons and helped every honda owner that needed it. But now i need more so i got my 510 and im clueless of how things work in it and really i have this forum to help me now. My friend thats in town is super busy so i dont get him over much at all so im stuck on my own. Google and you guys have gottin me this far.

A manual will also help you with struts. All Datsun struts are basically the same. What works on a 510 works on a ZX and takes the mystery out of it. Yes there is the internet but unless you have a good memory you'll have to keep asking and may even get conflicting answers. The 510 FSM is the bible. Not the Haynes, but the factory one for your year. It usually pays for itself the first time you refer to it and fix something... that's cheap.

The correct way to describe the wiring colors is the color of the wire first and the color of the stripe second. The stripe is always narrower.

That's...

Black/Yellow

Black/Red

Blue/Yellow

Black

Big difference. That's the relay for the dual points. You can remove or leave disconnected and the distributor will run a full advance at all times.

Datzenmike i was lookin up relays and a pic came up on here that showed the relay that you sead was for the points and he sead that it was for the headlights and it looked the same......i didnt see the same thing in their but i do still have a bunch of wires here.

Points relay is near the coil on the driver's inner fender The 4  wires to it are...

Black/Yellow

Black/Red

Blue/Yellow

Black

Headlight relay is on the pass side and the 6 wires to it are...

Red/White

Red/Black

Black

Black

Green/Blue

Black/Red

You don't need the points relay at all. Wire the matchbox this way..

EIwiringtocoil.jpg