Reflecting on today (try not to make it a political bent)

So it's my first day off in 14 days, and I'm quite enjoying it.  I'm on my second cup of tea listening to the acoustic storm on 98.9 classic rock in Spokane.  After finding my eggs in the fridge were so old, they were about solidified (apparently I bought those longer ago than I thought), so I threw them out.  Ended up with a bagel and cream cheese.

After breakfast, I sat down at the computer and do something I don't do very often.  I opened up the news tab on google and investigated the goings on in the world.  From what I can tell, the middle east is still fighting and bombing anything and everything.  A bunch of illegal immigrant kids are stuck in Nogales in shitty conditions.  Soccer is being blasted by that idiot Ann Coulter.  The other idiot Sarah Palin reportedly said she's going to renounce her Republican ties because of the illegal kids' treatment in Nogales.  But she also thinks Paul Revere was warning the British to get out of town.

Israel bombed Gaza because the Palestines (or Hamas) rocketed a paint factory.  Or something to that effect.  It reminds me of 1984.  We're at war with Eurasia, or Oceania, or Eastasia.  Depends on the day.  Just makes me wonder, was there ever, and will there ever be a peaceful day in the middle east?

Is it wrong that half of me wants to drop a nuke on the middle east and solve that problem?  I know that's wrong, but it's a thought I have nonetheless.  The other half of me thinks going back to not having news coverage 24-7 would be a really good thing.

The third half of me thinks it's a good time to not visit news sites for another month and instead I'm going to go pick up dog poop and mow the lawn.  And on that note, I think this song is as relevant today as it was in the 80s.

• Like 2
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dropping a nuke on the middle east is what most Americans want to do, however staying outta the mess would be the smart thing to do. It is an age old war and we are knee deep in it cuz of that golden shit you pour in through the top of your (ours) L 18.

days off are so needed, not looking forward to the next few months.

I like the climate swings. Hey we got the biggest rainfall since 1890.... which just goes to show that they had big rains back then too. lol. Sarah Palin is a fucking dip shit MILF. Tthe First WW fucked up the map of the Middle East causing much of the chaos today. Cold War politics of the 50s and 60s fucked it up even more. Mass human migrations were foretold decades ago.

• Like 2

Things don't change much. Tom Lehrer wrote this in 1958, although the only clip I could find is newer than that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8-BI89mb9A

But back then what Tom sings about in this one was a very real possibility:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIoBrob3bjI

I once thought people in general would become at least a little smarter as time passed. But now I think they are going the other way.

Len

• Like 1

Or turn off ALL the governmental baaabble channels ,, get a reclining lawn chair ,, drive out where nobody is ,, get in that lawn chair and  and sleep it off for awhile.  .. But since it's pride weekend, maybe  get a good buzz on and go watch the festivities as those parades bring out the insanity

As a person who was in the middle east a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG time. My personal opinion is leave it the FUCK alone. As far as news coverage...we only 'think' the middle east is out of control and is horrid (well, it is) BUT...if the did the same type of coverage over parts of Africa, it would pale in comparison. For SOOOOME reason, we seem very concerned with the well being of a an area sitting on a countless amount of wealth and power.

As far as whatsername from AK, I could not possibly give less of a shit. Even if she did matter, she will not do anything, because that would require actually doing something other than running her pie hole.

Cuntler just says shit to be shocking, it's tiresome and really just nothing more than dumb.

There....everything is solved.

• Like 4

Well, I just weed-whacked my lawn and the sidewalk all the way to the neighbor's house.  TAKE THAT TERRORISTS!!!  :D  Eating lunch, then going to go mow.  Avoiding the news is the best thing I've done since this morning.

• Like 4

It seems like Sarah Palin is the new Marilyne Monroe as far as prime time cover up material. Of course she is way lamer with 1/4 the looks, but whenever something fishy surfaces in American politics her dopey face pops up so that every one can agree that a women completely outta their head almost became our Vice president.

Anyway thought you might dig this. Its very relaxing.

http://youtu.be/NuHjZVB_m3U

Just a reminder that if this starts to derail it will be destroyed.

I think it started derailing right after it was posted.Why all the beatdown on Sarah Palin ? How about some Hillary Clinton and Michelle Obama bashing to go with it.

• Like 2

Actually I just finished the mowing and I'm listening to W.A.S.P.  Contemplating car projects, going to go to the store in the Maxima, get some mountain dew, come back and change oil and trans oil.  Didn't like the sta-lub 80w90 weight.  Getting a little more gruntch in 2nd if I shift at 6500 rpm.  Can only shift at 6000.  Switching it out to regular 10w40 motor oil, see if that shifts a little smoother.  Almost went with synthetic, but it's a bit older, think that would probably make my seals leak.

Don't give two whits about the state of the world at the moment, I'm doing it my way! :D