Datsun steering wheel hubs and suspension

Screechbruh

I have a 76 Datsun 620 that is in need of a new steering wheel. When i bought it it came with some crappy after maket wheel that is loose ass sh*t now. The bolts wore off and the only thing holding it on is the center bolt. I was wondering if anyone upgraded and could help me out. I've found a Boss adapter on Ebay and also looked at a Momo hub that might work. I just don't want to purchase parts and have them not work. 

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a boss hub kit for my 510 with the dual 6 bolt patterns and bolted up a racemark i had for my porsche. I thought the fit was great, its good and tight.

I dunno if the 620/510 use the same splines, but i have a stock wheel in pretty good condition i wouldn't mind parting with. Horn pad/cover/button included.

• Like 1

I got a boss hub kit for my 510 with the dual 6 bolt patterns and bolted up a racemark i had for my porsche. I thought the fit was great, its good and tight.

I dunno if the 620/510 use the same splines, but i have a stock wheel in pretty good condition i wouldn't mind parting with. Horn pad/cover/button included.

Ill look into that and if they do have the same about of splines ill be happy to take it. Do you have any pictures of it?

yea, that would work too.

the boss kit works for the 620 and the 510 so the splines would be the same.

this is someone elses wheel, not mine, but this is the look. I would say mine is in similar condition, but i'd send you real pics if you thought you wanted it.
69dimewheel_zpsf3e8df6a.jpg

these wheels come off super easy, push and turn horn button, remove nut in center (24ishmm IIRC) and mine literally popped right off. Some require a puller, i just tapped the back of the wheel with my hands and off it came. So yea, might not take you long in a junk yard if you found a wheel you wanted.

• Like 1

yea, that would work too.

the boss kit works for the 620 and the 510 so the splines would be the same.

this is someone elses wheel, not mine, but this is the look. I would say mine is in similar condition, but i'd send you real pics if you thought you wanted it.

69dimewheel_zpsf3e8df6a.jpg

these wheels come off super easy, push and turn horn button, remove nut in center (24ishmm IIRC) and mine literally popped right off. Some require a puller, i just tapped the back of the wheel with my hands and off it came. So yea, might not take you long in a junk yard if you found a wheel you wanted.

Ill keep in touch. I kinda want to install a smaller steering wheel. The original ones are nice and complete the original look, but they are a lot bigger.

Who wants an ugly stock steering wheel? Go get yourself a nice looking Grant or other aftermarket. Actually, F@#K Grant. Their support after a sale is non-existent.  My expensive Grant BILLET adapter kit for $60 was missing a part to make the horn work. I called and got put on hold forever, emailed three times and never heard a goddamn thing. Now I have no horn.

Smaller size is why I got rid of my old stock steering wheel, well that and it was coming apart around the horn area. I like the 13.5" size vs the big stocker. Gives me more legroom and since it doesn't stick out so far, my arms are not cramped.

I got the Grant steering wheel for free off of an old Toyota my neighbor used as a parts truck, originally I had a cheap adapter and the ugly rubber spacer, I bought a billet adapter, looks much better.  I love the way it looks, if I could just get the freaking horn to work!

IMG_20130531_184804_zpsa553d806.jpg